Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bit_bucket
    The difference between the base firmware and the new stuff is night and day better in favor of thw new stuff of course.
    I'm going w/ the ROW firmware this weekend - I've tried very hard to be patient, but enough is enough. It's insulting to be ignored like this.
    Nice People Suck Less.
  2. Lew
    Just curious... what exactly happens if one goes to the ROW firmware on a Cingular branded phone then later has issues and requires warranty replacement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew
    Just curious... what exactly happens if one goes to the ROW firmware on a Cingular branded phone then later has issues and requires warranty replacement?
    The short answer is no one knows for sure.

Half the people here are going to tell you Palm won't care, doesn't check, etc.

The other half say it voids the warranty.

Unless I hear it from the horses mouth I don't really beleive any of it.
  4. Lew
    Unless I hear it from the horses mouth I don't really beleive any of it.

Yeah, trouble is even the horse's mouth doesn't usually know of what it speaks. Proof of the pudding would only occur should I have to do an exchange...

I gather that since there's not been a Cingular FW upgrade, there thus is also no known way to revert to a Cingular firmware?

In that event I'll wait since I'm not really experiencing any problems.
    please accept my appology santa...
    Would be nice for Cingular to get off their @sses and get us an update. Its only been a month now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew
    Proof of the pudding would only occur should I have to do an exchange....
    That would be the horses mouth.
    I had to return a 650 for the speaker/headset jack problem and it had the 1.23 ROM on it. This was a couple of months ago and I haven't heard anything back about any problems.
    fyi..I heard from our Palm and Cingular reps that it would be available on 7/27 (finally)...we'll see, the update I got a couple weeks it was 7/20 (but it slipped)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12