Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Hi,
    Has this happened to anyone else? I usually call my husband on his cell, but the other day I had to call his direct line at work. When I call there, it goes to his fax line instead of his direct line (the number is shared - fax / direct). I told him to switch it over, but he tell's me it's suppose to be automatic. So he calls his direct line from his cell, it rings then goes to his voicemail. I tried it on our landline - same thing. When I use my Verizoned sprint 650, it goes to the fax line and I hear that awful high pitch sound - ugh!

BTW, before having my Treo, I never had this problem with my other cell phones -- calling my hubby's direct line.

I checked my phone preferences, all is well. Anyone have an idea what's going on here?

Thanks!
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Anyone have this problem or know the fix? http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/confused.gif
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    I am only guessing that it must have something to do with the fact that the Treo 650 can also send data as well as voice although other cell phones also can. Have any of the other cell phones you tried this with been phone/pda combo's?

Not sure how to work around this as I am not too knowledgable in this area. The only things I can think to try is seeing if you can turn GPRS off if its a GSM Treo, not possible with all carriers from what I understand. Not sure if there are any other data related settings you can change that would help; don't think bluetooth and such should affect the phone. Do you have any other software installed that includes fax capabilities? Might be preferences you can change there.

Sorry I can't help more but maybe this will make something click in a brighter mind than mine and they can come up with a solution. Some pretty bright people on these forums.
    Happens to me, from time-2-time.

I concur that it is some digital/data info that is in the call that causes it to switch.
    I usually just hang up and try back, and I end up getting through within a time or two.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    I am only guessing that it must have something to do with the fact that the Treo 650 can also send data as well as voice although other cell phones also can. Have any of the other cell phones you tried this with been phone/pda combo's?

Not sure how to work around this as I am not too knowledgable in this area. The only things I can think to try is seeing if you can turn GPRS off if its a GSM Treo, not possible with all carriers from what I understand. Not sure if there are any other data related settings you can change that would help; don't think bluetooth and such should affect the phone. Do you have any other software installed that includes fax capabilities? Might be preferences you can change there.

Sorry I can't help more but maybe this will make something click in a brighter mind than mine and they can come up with a solution. Some pretty bright people on these forums.
    Thanks for your suggests - other phones were only cell phones (not pda/phone combo). Not a GSM but a CDMA phone (Verizonized sprint phone) is what I have. I usually do not have bluetooth on. I've switched DTMF tones to on and off; doesn't make a difference. I've turn Location Privacy on and off, too - no go. Let's see...Digital Roaming, on and off. Nope. Third party apps: XLauncher, DA, Vindigo, HappyDays, KeyCaps600, Palmreader, pTunes, WorldMate, AfterSYnc. I've moved these apps to my SD card and it still doesn't work. Strange, very strange. Oh well.http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/rolleyes.gif
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iBug
    Happens to me, from time-2-time.

I concur that it is some digital/data info that is in the call that causes it to switch.
    I usually just hang up and try back, and I end up getting through within a time or two.

I never get through on my Treo. My other cell phones, yes. Not this phone.

Thanks for your encouragement anyway!
    Does the fax/phone pick up immediately or ring first? I wonder if there is a DTMF code that would make it switch? Might find something with a search on the internet.