Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There seems to be a bunch of different thread for updating to 1.28. There seems to be a mixed bag depending on the thread so I thought we should put all 1.28 GSM update problems in one thread.

I will start.

I upgraded last night and had about a dozen random resets within a 1 hour time frame , I performed a hard reset prior to giving up last night. Today I had only one reset, while checking email and listening to pocket tunes.

Some have talked about battery times and the never ending arrows. I do have the never ending arrows and I will find out tomorrow if this will affect my battery life.

Anyone else?
    i noticed that they didn't fix the silencing of calls with the side button. mines still doesn't work and this is a feature which is advertised in the manual and supposed to have. I still have to use the calendar or email button to silence calls when they come in, which is a hassle for me because i have it in a holster.
    My battery drains faster when all I do is leave the phone on.

1.28 did not fix my problem of having the Treo 650 freeze when I leave the phone on for very long (> an hour). I still have to reset it to unfreez the phone.
    No such problems with me. It's been 26 hours since I updated to 1.28.
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    After doing update, I reinstalled DateBK5. DateBK "takes over" the phone button, making the phone uniusable. I have uninstalled/installed DB5 two or three times, to no avail. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by twebst
    After doing update, I reinstalled DateBK5. DateBK "takes over" the phone button, making the phone uniusable. I have uninstalled/installed DB5 two or three times, to no avail. Any ideas?
    This is a known problem with DateBk. If you look at their website, you will find instructions on how to fix that.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DFNoJunk
    My battery drains faster when all I do is leave the phone on.

1.28 did not fix my problem of having the Treo 650 freeze when I leave the phone on for very long (> an hour). I still have to reset it to unfreez the phone.
    If this happens with nothing loaded on your Treo (clean), then you most likely have a hardware problem and need to get it replaced.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by tlser20det
    i noticed that they didn't fix the silencing of calls with the side button. mines still doesn't work and this is a feature which is advertised in the manual and supposed to have. I still have to use the calendar or email button to silence calls when they come in, which is a hassle for me because i have it in a holster.
    +1 on this. Mine doesn't work either, and I MISS IT!!!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by twebst
    Go into preferences - views mark "date" -2 - datebook will now show on the calendar button - may need to do a soft reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treomethis
    ...Some have talked about battery times and the never ending arrows. I do have the never ending arrows and I will find out tomorrow if this will affect my battery life.

Anyone else?
    Never ending arrows? You mean the green connection arrows? I have not heard of this. Did you go into Preferences/Network and disconnect?
    Cingular Treo 650
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Never ending arrows? You mean the green connection arrows? I have not heard of this. Did you go into Preferences/Network and disconnect?
    I can manually disconnect from the network (GPRS or EDGE) and the arrows go away. As soon as the phone connects to the network they are now permanently stuck on. Because you can manually disconnect from the network and the arrows go away, I can only assume that my phone is permanently connected to the network and this is not just a graphical error in the update. Are you not seeing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treomethis
    I can manually disconnect from the network (GPRS or EDGE) and the arrows go away. As soon as the phone connects to the network they are now permanently stuck on. Because you can manually disconnect from the network and the arrows go away, I can only assume that my phone is permanently connected to the network and this is not just a graphical error in the update. Are you not seeing this?
    Nope. I only see the arrows when I am connected. I usually stay connected for a while with Chatter, but as soon as I bring my mailboxes offline, Chatter disconnects and the arrows go away.
    Cingular Treo 650
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Nope. I only see the arrows when I am connected. I usually stay connected for a while with Chatter, but as soon as I bring my mailboxes offline, Chatter disconnects and the arrows go away.
    I am going to reflash the firmware again and see if my problems go away. It has been very stable for me which has been great, but I have seen a few minor graphical issues which have me concerned. The big test will come Monday when it has to work through my 150+ emails, meetings, etc. etc.
  14.    #14  
    I was wishing my father a happy Father's Day when WHAM! GONE!. I was talking on my BT headset so I walked up to my Treo to see it rebooting! Rebooting while on a phone call, now THAT has to be the worst I have seen. Glad it was not a customer or business contact, that would be embarassing or worse...........
    Approximately 8 resets within 48 hours of upgrading to 1.28 with Chatter, LauncherX, and Security. After one of the favorites buttons changed, very weirdly to an app that I had tried long ago--well before the upgrade--and deleted.

This is far more unstable than 1.04 was for me, where most of the resets were caused by Chatter and where later builds of Chatter fixed the problem.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy
    Approximately 8 resets within 48 hours of upgrading to 1.28 with Chatter, LauncherX, and Security. After one of the favorites buttons changed, very weirdly to an app that I had tried long ago--well before the upgrade--and deleted.

This is far more unstable than 1.04 was for me, where most of the resets were caused by Chatter and where later builds of Chatter fixed the problem.
    You just reminded me of another problem. Two of my favorite buttons were associated to programs which were no longer on the device, ExpressMail and Camera (I don't understand this one). The phone forced me to change them, unfortunately it gave me only one option, Quick Tour. I have not been able to edit these two buttons to something more useful, like camera. Very frustrating.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I noticed they didn't fix the today line on the phone screen and outlook datebook sync problem. I figured this would be worked out.
  19. amf
    My experience after each f/w upgrade (1.23 & 1.28) is to make a clean install of all my apps (hard reset and then install each app). You can also delete the saved and unsaved preferences but this will erase all registration info and app preferences. I have had zero resets w/ these procedures.
    I usually reinstall all the apps as well. I do save a copy of my favorite/bookmark and log files and transfer it to the new load.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast