Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna
    Excellent. Thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by amf
    My experience after each f/w upgrade (1.23 & 1.28) is to make a clean install of all my apps (hard reset and then install each app). You can also delete the saved and unsaved preferences but this will erase all registration info and app preferences. I have had zero resets w/ these procedures.
    if you wanna start fresh, do I have to delete the existing user, and then when I hotsync to create a new one?
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub
    if you wanna start fresh, do I have to delete the existing user, and then when I hotsync to create a new one?
    No you don't. The easiest way is to go into the PalmOne directory on your computer and rename the backup file. This way you can still recover things from it later if you want them. When you hotsyinc you will still have all your contacts, calendar, memo and tasks information but not your installed programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by twebst
    After doing update, I reinstalled DateBK5. DateBK "takes over" the phone button, making the phone uniusable. I have uninstalled/installed DB5 two or three times, to no avail. Any ideas?
    Use the latest version 5.4a S4.

It comes with an application called resetphonebutton.prc (in the Advanced folder) that will fix this.

This is documented in the the hardware-specific release notes.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    The only issue I had was that it locked up try to synch "Media" after the upgrade. I only had a couple of pictures that I didn't care about so I hard reset, deleted the pictures from my computer and no more issues.
  6.    #26  
    I have found a solution for the network arrows always being on. In Versamail, go to Options Preferences Connections. Select the Auto disconnect. You will have to do this for each of you mail accounts. Since I have don this the arrows have remained off.
    Quote Originally Posted by DFNoJunk
    My battery drains faster when all I do is leave the phone on.

1.28 did not fix my problem of having the Treo 650 freeze when I leave the phone on for very long (> an hour). I still have to reset it to unfreez the phone.
    Turning of the IR slows down the battery drain.

Palm determined that my freezing phone screen is probably a hardware problem, so I sent it back to them... waiting for a repair or replacement.
    I did mine and everything was perfect but, after I restored from backup I got a contstant network search on the phone. After several installs of 1.28, and selective backups, i did a hard reset, and a hotsync after deleting the backup file from the Palm desktop. Then I slowly restored all my apps and have not had a problem since, and its been several weeks. I never did experience the reset loop that others write about so I give 1.28 a hearty thumbs up!
    Samsung SCH3500 - Sanyo 4900 - Samsung I500 - Treo 650, and loving it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Use the latest version 5.4a S4.

It comes with an application called resetphonebutton.prc (in the Advanced folder) that will fix this.

This is documented in the the hardware-specific release notes.
    Clock+ did the same thing - took over my phone button and wouldn't let go even after I deleted the program and associated files. I downloaded resetphonebutton.prc from Pimlico software's site, and it fixed the problem. Thanks, Aprasad. This forum is a lifesaver - couldn't do without it.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Where you you get the latest ROM update for a locked Cingular Treo 650 that is being discussed in this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by tlser20det
    i noticed that they didn't fix the silencing of calls with the side button. mines still doesn't work and this is a feature which is advertised in the manual and supposed to have. I still have to use the calendar or email button to silence calls when they come in, which is a hassle for me because i have it in a holster.
    The best work-around I've found for restoring this function is Phone Technician.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    no resets in 3 days...yippee!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12