Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I have a new Treo 650 locked with Cingular. I am unable to delete my voice mail. When I call in it says I do not have any but it constantly shows the voicemail icon and when I power the phone on it alerts me I have voicemail when I do not have any. Cingular so far on a Saturday doesn't seem to know why. They say that they will call me. Could it be a bad Treo>??? Thanks
    Where do you see this icon? What does it look like?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I see it at the top right of the screen to the left of the bluetooth symbol. Looks like two small circles sitting on a short line. If I click on it it takes me to voicemail
    That icon is of a "Tape Reel", otherwise known as the MWI (Message Waiting Indicator). It only appears when the cell network sends your phone a special message to turn on the indicator (only SUPPOSED to happen when a new voicemail is recorded on the network). Once you check your voicemail the network is then supposed to send another special message to your phone to turn off the MWI.

It could just be that your treo never received the message to turn it off the last time you really had a voicemail which you checked. Try leaving yourself a voicemail from another phone and then use your treo to listen to it and delete it. Then exit the voicemail system properly (usually by using the # key), not by simply hanging up on the voicemail system. See if it turns off then. This problem used to happen with my old phone. That was the only way to resolve it.
    Last edited by skillllllz; 06/19/2005 at 01:44 AM.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    That happend to me once before...but it was cingular that was having the issue and not me. In either event, that is exactly what they told me to do...but it was some kind of bug in their system. They eventually solved the problem, so if it doesnt go away, I would call your provider and ask them if there is a problem.

rob
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Thanks!!! The cassette is gone,
    Welcome to TreoCentral.com!