1.    #1  
    I using the rom beta 1.23 - using on a Cingular Locked phone - I have not had any problems with 1.23 to speak of - is there any thing significant that 1.28 does that 1.23 has not accomplished, Trying to decide if I should should upgrade to the Unlocked version or wait for the Cingular update and then decide. I will probably customize the ROM with a little help from our friends.
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    If you are running 1.23, it may be difficult to use the Cingular update. Version 1.23 is not Cingular. . .
  4.    #4  
    Really looking for people who actually used 1.23 and are now using 1.28 - if they find any major differences.
    No "major" difference here. I assume there were minor tweaks here and there for more stability, but nothing "major".
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I got more mem and probably more stability from going 1.23 to 1.28. My Treo was never a crasher though so I really don't notice anything. Higher volume? Nah, seems like it's still the same. Voice clarity? Maybe. It's always hard to tell if it's either your phone or their phone. Better BT? Never really tried. I don't see how people claim the Treo is too big to put up to your ear...
  7. amf
    I can now use my BT headset to redial the last number I dialed.
    Bear in mind too that 1.23 is B E T A and not fully T E S T E D. If you already took the step to beta code, you'd be smart to make step to the more fully tested 1.13-ROW/1.28 release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Egg Foo
    Better BT? Never really tried. I don't see how people claim the Treo is too big to put up to your ear...

As for me, my only problem putting the Treo next to my head is the extremely high SAR on this phone. I get queasy thinking of all my brain cells being fried every second I'm on the call.