Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I am using 1.28 Cingular also. The only experience we have in common was the missed calls, and I have narrowed that down to the horizontal holster I bought from Cingular. I can't hear my phone ring when it is in the holster. The only thing I did not like about this was the fact that my moto phones had a attention grabber for missed calls. Where with this t650 I had to purchase Butler to add this feature.

I also have a v3 razr from Cingular, but the phones do not even compare. It just sits in my desk drawer most of the time. Plus it has to be charged about as often as my treo, without a quarter of the features.
    When you get a voice message but the phone never rang: There is a data channel that all cell phones "listen to". An unlimited number of phones can receive this channel at the same time, just like a radio station.

The cell system uses the data channel to send out the instruction to ring the phone.

The number of voice channels is limited. If all the voice channels are currently busy, even though you get a call, the cell system won't ring your phone, because it can't assign you a voice channel. Thus, the call goes straight to voice mail, and seconds later you get the notification (which goes out over the data channel).
    Quote Originally Posted by pi314
    When you get a voice message but the phone never rang: There is a data channel that all cell phones "listen to". An unlimited number of phones can receive this channel at the same time, just like a radio station.

The cell system uses the data channel to send out the instruction to ring the phone.

The number of voice channels is limited. If all the voice channels are currently busy, even though you get a call, the cell system won't ring your phone, because it can't assign you a voice channel. Thus, the call goes straight to voice mail, and seconds later you get the notification (which goes out over the data channel).
    Which happens often in Florida during hurricane season.
    Pamela
    cody,

why not return your phone to cingular and ask for a replacement? I had problems with my first treo too but am very happy now after it has been replaced by my carrier. I would like to think that there are some batches of treos that came out of the manufacturing line defective. Yours could be one of them.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12