1.    #1  
    just saw the movie "Mr & Mrs Smith" and saw this beautiful looking bluetooth boom headset. It is when he is driving (racing) home talking with angelina in his car. Can anyone please tell me what is the name of it and url of manufacture?
    thx in advance
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
    Not to be antagonistic, but this is the second thread I have seen on this subjust. What makes you so sure it's not just a movie prop?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  3.    #3  
    its not, since its not a science finction, there is no way possible. There were other gadgets in that movie as well, starting from guns to clothes all were name brand. I am 100% positive that was real bluetooth.
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam2579
    ...there is no way possible.
    That's a bit of a bold statement to be making, my friend. How can you be SO sure? Last time I checked movies are not reality. Just because you saw patterns of genuinely existent items in the movie, it does not necessarily mean that pattern is followed throught. I'm not saying your wrong. I'm saying your foolish for assuming it exists... like those who thought the "hoverboard" was real back in '85.
    Sometimes items in movies are items that are already on the market, sometimes they are something that is coming soon and the manufacturer wants to plant the image in the buying public's mind and get a little early feedback and sometimes they are one of a number of potential designs and the designers want an early reaction. Nowadays they are seldom just props because the companies are willing to pay to get exposure for their products.
  6.    #6  
    thanks JGM. Also Skillllllz. I am confident because headset I am talking about was not something special. It was very basic headset with boom (kind of plantronics or Shure) but it was without wires. It is not impossible or even close to be unreal as there are more than one boom bluetooth headsets in market in real. Only issue is they are not as good looking as Shure boom headset or as full of feature as "theBoom" headset. So I am not jumping for above mentioned headset in a way that it is THE bluetooth Boom headset for Treo but, it is "so far best looking/close to wired headsets" in a movie or picture in working. If it was starwar movie, I would wait for light year before I could even think about a "bold statement" :-). But I am surprised at makers of this headset. I mean wouldnt you hit the market with free advertisement?? or they never thought movie will complete this early and not ready for it? Anyways I have money saved for this headset whenever it arrives.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    It looked like a headset with the wires cut off.

My friend worked on the set, I will ask him and see if he knows.

Keep you posted, It was cool looking.
    Unlocked -1.51---117-CNG
    Handspring Deluxe w/phone->Treo 180->Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    .....Nowadays they are seldom just props because the companies are willing to pay to get exposure for their products.
    This is very true. Many companies put their products "out there" to catch attention. Thats what propels us to buy it!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    While all of this may be true, there is the possibility it could be a prop. A wored headset with the wire cut off. I guess we'll have to wait and see what mendo's friend says.

Sam I do have to question your logic though. Just because you saw it in a movie and because there are other bt headsets out there doesnt make it real.

I wonder, have you got your timetravelling DeLorean yet or are you still waiting?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson