Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I used the alternate method to install the Sprint update and it went fine. I selected my old Palm user account on the hotsync after install and after all was installed, my Palm said it needed to reset. I hit reset and got a continual reboot.

I tried all the different reboot types and even a hard reset again to no avail. So I took everything out of my backup folder and tried again. It worked fine. One by one I put all the apps from the backup folder and it was fine in the end. Was a pain I thought, but at least it's done now and the new upgrade looks good.

That was yesterday, today I opened versamail and the reset loop again. The 5-way up + reset got it to stop, but it seems I only have about 30 seconds before it will reset again.

Anyone else have this? Any ideas what I can do at this point? TIA
    Dave Haupert
    dhaupert@ddhsoftware.com
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    You should really do a search first so dup thread are not created

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=87786
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Thanks, but it is a completely different thing than you described there and others described. I did indeed read all the postings before posting my question!

Here's the difference- the install of the update worked fine and I had 1.12 running fine on the device. I had no endless reset loop until I synced back my user by selecting that user when it first synced. It was after that sync when it asks you to reset the device that it started the endless reset loop.

As I also mentioned, I can fix this by removing all my files from the backup folder. Then when I install them one by one it worked fine for a day or so and then randomly started the reset loop again. So to me it sounds very different than what you described.
    Dave Haupert
    dhaupert@ddhsoftware.com
    It actually does sound similar. Either way, I had a similar problem. I updated to 1.12 and it was fine. When I added the old data back by changing back to the old yuser I would reset.

I decided to start from scratch. I installed them one at a time to see what the offending program might be. I have since installed all of them and no resets. Well at least no loop.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    That sounds like exactly what I did and thought I had success. Unfortunately today I went to Versamail and it reset and got stuck in a reset loop again. Hope you don't find the same thing happening to you- especially when you're out and about and need it!
    Dave Haupert
    dhaupert@ddhsoftware.com
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Just as a followup, I've been experimenting tonight and found that if any app in my backup when I'm restoring (or installing later) has the reset bit set (that is, that asks the device to reset after a hotsync), it will cause the endless loop. If I get rid of all the databases and PRCs that have that bit set, I'm up and running.

Unfortunately, Verichat uses this and as long as I have that to install or restore, it won't run.

I tried doing a soft reset to see if perhaps it's any reset that is causing this, but it didn't make it happen, thank God!

Not 100% sure on this, but that is what I'm seeing in my testing.
    Dave Haupert
    dhaupert@ddhsoftware.com
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    After getting it running again, I found that the same problem keeps happening. I'm going to try to go back to 1.08. Sounds like there are still bugs in the release and while I like the speedier dial, it's not worth the pain!
    Dave Haupert
    dhaupert@ddhsoftware.com