Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just in case, I just seen this. New Ebay for Treo's: http://www.wap2.bonfiremedia.com/eba...enu&cache=1802
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  2.    #2  
    Last edited by reverendrhino; 06/18/2005 at 01:36 PM.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Nice!
    Is it a legit site or a way to get ebay acct info from folks? On my treo so harder to tell
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #5  
    Nope its an actual Ebay site. I just played with it, and looks good/works good.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  6.    #6  
    Or go to: wap.ebay.com it will direct you to the second link I posted.
    Last edited by reverendrhino; 06/18/2005 at 05:52 PM.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    This is NOT Ebay! This is some guy tunnelling Ebay info through his own server. If you have already logged in through this site you are SCREWED because he now has all your Ebay account info!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40
    This is NOT Ebay! This is some guy tunnelling Ebay info through his own server. If you have already logged in through this site you are SCREWED because he now has all your Ebay account info!

Well that sucks! Thats a good looking site, so I went ahead and emailed Ebay just so no one gets screwed....sorry folks. i'll let you know what Ebay says....

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Bonfire Media is a legit company that hosts a wap portal for ebay. This has been publicly known since 2004.

http://bonfiremedia.com
    Um, no. That is a legit website. I'd do some research before accusing next time
    I still don't trust it. Why the hell wouldn't EBAY host this site on their own servers(ebay.com)? Also I think skweezer.net grabs info. Ever since I logged on to paypal via that site I get PAYPAL spams all the time. Telling me my account is bad and I need to login. It directs me to some BS site.
    I just love those whom attempt to be informative amongst laymen, using limited knowledge and/or research...
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    I still don't trust it. Why the hell wouldn't EBAY host this site on their own servers(ebay.com)? Also I think skweezer.net grabs info. Ever since I logged on to paypal via that site I get PAYPAL spams all the time. Telling me my account is bad and I need to login. It directs me to some BS site.
    If you go to wap.ebay.com, which is an ebay owned and controlled server, it redirects you to Bonfire's server. Bonfire wrote the application that interacts with the regular version of ebay.com and converts it to wap for your phone. ebay, itself, does not have a wap version and since Bonfire owns this system/application they host it independently for ebay.
    Since its eBay being discussed here, I'd like to know if anyone knows what the difference is in using wap.ebay.com VS Pocket Auctions for eBayŽ?

I started to download this, but figured I seek more info first.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Since its eBay being discussed here, I'd like to know if anyone knows what the difference is in using wap.ebay.com VS Pocket Auctions for eBayŽ?

I started to download this, but figured I seek more info first.
    Pocket Auctions is an app for Symbian OS based phones and will not work for Palm OS. It's essentially the same thing as Bonfire's wap site but local to your device which is much faster since the only thing being transmitted from device to server is small bits of data, not HTML.

Edit: Apparently, it now exists for non Symbian OS phones as well. Still nothing for Palm OS though.
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    Goto http://wap.ebay.com/ and tell me where it redirects you The system was created by Bonfire Media - http://bonfiremedia.com/.
    DUDE what are you doing?!? Don't show him how to learn something on his own. That might lead him down a path of knowledge and open-mindedness. It could be overwhelming, he might panic and go into cardiac arrest.
    Last edited by digitalfx; 06/18/2005 at 09:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    THANKS for the link! Just what I've been looking for.

Pamela
    (who tested validity before trying and this tech-savvy developer trusts the link)
  20.    #20  
    Well since I started this mess, I whent ahead & did it. It works well with the 650, very smooth. I emailed Ebay after what I read here, and it turned out to be...an Ebay site. So its good, sorry for the mess.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast