1.    #1  
    Hi, I'm considering buying a Sandisk Ultra II SD card, which has a faster data read/write rate. I have a lot of programs loaded on the SD card, and I"m hoping a faster card will improve load times.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the treo 650's sd card slot can transfer data fast enough to take advantage of the increased sd cards speed.

Thanks for your help!

Tom
    Yes, absolutely.
    There have actually even been entire forum threads dedicated to people sharing and comparing which cards are faster.
    There are two Treo programs that will test/benchmark SD cards for speed. I don't remember the names off the top of my head, but I think they are VSMark and Cardspeed.
    My first card was a cheap/slow dog and it made a huge difference. I now use Sandisk ultra II cards exclusively as they are some of the fastest (I recommend them.)
    The 512MB card is the fastest, the 1GB is about 25% slower but still plenty fast enough (and gotta love the size.) So I'd recommend getting a Sandisk Ultra II from Costco (usually the best deal) and don't get anything else.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    This week only, Circuit City, SanDisk Ultra II 512 meg, $39.99 after $23 Instant Rebate and $12 mail in rebate!.... regular price $74.99, so you pay $51.99 + Tax out the door.
    I got me one to replace my Ultra II 256 meg today!
    Actually, the ultra III cards are faster, although I believe they only go up to 1gb.
    Costco has UltraII $15 off w/ coupon - I got a 1gb today for $74.99.
    The Extreme III has a faster write speed than the Ultra II (about 3X as fast), so it will be noticeable when writing to the card (taking pics/video directly to the card, doing sd card backups, etc.).
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!