Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Downloaded the 1.13 update from the P1 site and everything up and running in about 1/2 hour.

My 3rd Party Apps (in RAM):
    Agendus
    BDicty
    RealPlayer
    SlovEd
    TealInfo
    Wordz
    Filez
    ShortCut5

On 1GB Card:
    Adobe Reader
    ChromaGames
    Crosswords
    DieRoll
    DocsToGo
    eReader
    FreeJongg
    London
    Sketcher

Step-by-Step:
    (1) I had 5.7M of free memory, so I followed the 'Alternative' instructions for update.

(2) However, first I moved DocsToGo back into RAM - a few weeks ago I needed to do a hard reset and the DocsToGo conduit screwed up my HotSync - I had to edit my Windows Registry to get my HotSync to work again. So, I didn't want to take any chances. After moving DocsToGo back to RAM I was down to 1.8M free.

(3) Did a normal HotSync.

(4) Did a hard reset.

(5) Did a HotSync using a dummy HotSync ID, keeping the Phone fiunctions switched off.

(6) Downloaded 1.13 update; unzipped; ran the setup and followed the install insructions.

(7) IMPORTANT - during the installation process you are asked to HotSync - use the dummy ID you've just created for this.

(8) Once the update is complete the install wizard asks you to perform a second HotSync - use your real/original ID for this and your data will be re-installed.

(9) Job done! Checked my memory - 9.4M free!!

(10) Downloaded a smart utility - Dataviz Tech - this moves DocsToGo to the SD card. Now I have 12.6M free ... even better.

(11) Checked all apps - they seem to be running OK except ...

(12) ChromaGames reset my Treo, so I re-installed (back onto the SD card) and everything is fine.

(13) Switched the Phone on - made a call ... NO HISS!

(14) It's too soon to say whether or not the Treo is more stable. But Everything is looking good. For me the update was worth it just for a hiss-free phone and more free memory.

Hope this helps.
    Just curious, why did you start another unlocked GSM update thread?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Because I can!