1.    #1  
    Is the voice dialing software worth it? Has anyone spend the $20 and either really loved or really hated it? Any better solutions?
    It works fairly well. I think there is a trial period.. you can try it out and see if it works with your voice and intonation ..

It doesn't need any training. And remember to say "Call ..." before the name !!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I am using it and find it very useful. The downside is it will not work with BT.
    Try it then buy it if you like it. The thing I ike about it is there is no training and it'll work with all of my contacts. Every once in a while I'll need to call someone I rarely call and it's nice to not have to hunt through my Contacts to find the number.
    As the others say, try them both. None of them provide 100% accuracy. On my Sprint Treo 600, VoiceIt works with my Jabra A210 bluetooth adapter and headset with a high degree of recognition; however, I have experienced instances of device hangup. Ben
    I drive 25-35 mile to work in one direction, daily. Thus, I drive fast (80+ mph) on the Garden State Parkway. Not having to touch my Treo (except to activate Voicedialing of coarse) and still be able to make a call is Voicedialing's key feature. Now they just need to implement Bt headset activation, but that won't come till future Treo's have Bluetooth 1.2 radioheads.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I have found with Voicesignal that if i put the treo in a vent cradle, I can simply push the side button to start it. Then when I get the beep, I can say "Call X" speaking clearly and just a bit loud, and the treo mic picks my voice up fine (distance perhaps 18 inches) and initiates the call. With the TWC, it then transfers immediately to the BT headset. Works great even at hiway speed...
    Twc?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    whoops.. twh (treo wireless headset).
    You have a good/cheap vent cradle you can suggest? I like Voice Dial but it doesn't recognize unblock caller ID codes such as *82 if you have that in front of a number in your contacts. So, if you want to call someone by name and you have your phone set to block caller ID all the time, you can't put the *82 before that person's number and use Voice Dial to call them by name.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by JakiChan
    Is the voice dialing software worth it? Has anyone spend the $20 and either really loved or really hated it? Any better solutions?
    I'm VERY happy with VoiceSignal. I've got hundreds of contacts and need only push one button when I'm driving. The understanding is pretty good. I just say, "Call...XXX XXX" - and it recites the name back and even asks me if I want to call home, mobile, work, etc.

It's a huge time saver for me.

Pamela
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Just tried the vent mount from Treocentral. Don't get it- it's pretty junky (it's basically a universal vent mount. It covers up the side button in the mount, it comes with no instructions (and I couldn't get the mount to work in a Honda), and lastly, the rubber matting which the treo goes up against was already peeling away before I even started using it!). I think I'm going to spring for the proclips- very expensive, but well made.