Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Did anyone notice a drop in battery performance after updating their treo. I used mine today about the same as every other day and now I have only 25% left.
    "Someone call the Whambulance"
    Photo Blog
    My Space
    Nope....
    It seems like after ever update I have ever done the battery takes a hit.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by josephaoliva
    Did anyone notice a drop in battery performance after updating their treo. I used mine today about the same as every other day and now I have only 25% left.
    Usinf BackupBuddy I ended up with the upater instraaled AGAIN agter updating. I manually deleted the TREO650* files, buet ept anerror restarting my phone and at the end of the day a warning that I sghould connect to external power, becaus battery was empty. WWen home I connected my treo an the vattry was in good condition. I did a hard reset and resored my las backup from SD card (backupman). Since then everthing seems normal.
    Yes, my Treo drained overnight after the update. That's never happened before. And, does it seem to be warmer?
    Add me to the list too, I have noticed that my battery was down into the teens the past couple days after a full day's work. Also, I was testing out BT DUN yesterday and my battery started at 33%, after 5 minutes of use the battery was down to 30% and my Treo has been very hot as well. Must be some processor intensive updates to improve performance.
    BT Dun will make your phone warm and drain your battery pretty fast.

I have had the same 4% battery drain overnight as I've had before the update.
    Have you checked your settings? BT and IR always on will drain the battary faster.

Maybe the update reset these to ON ...

Aloke
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Much faster battery drain here also.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    nope. All normal here. However IR on and BT off
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Mine (unlocked GSM) is excellent. I leave bluetooth on but not discoverable, sync by bluetooth twice a day, use both the phone and PDA but not excessively (guess about hour and half phone and two hours PDA) and right now have 73% after 16 hours since charge. I do have IR off which was on after the update and I set my screen brightness to about 20%. It seems dim at the time you do it because you see the change but after that in all lighting conditions it is good.
    Yeah, I just checked my IR setting, and the update turns it on. Might wanna turn it off unless you need it.
  13.    #13  
    i have the same settings that i have always had but never noticed such bad battery drain.
    Photo Blog
    My Space
    no battery problem here, as far as I could tell.
    I have noticed the same--seems the green arrows are getting stuck "on." Has anyone else observed that?
    How do you check your IR setting?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    How do you check your IR setting?
    Prefs > Power > Beam Receive

Edited to add: I also noticed faster battery drain after installing the update. Thanks to this thread, I realized I should check IR settings -- hoping that turning IR off will help with the battery drain I've been seeing lately.
    I turned of IR, but I agree....seems my battery is draining much faster
    Also, had a number of resets.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    For those with battery drain, did you all make sure to FULLY charge the battary before you ran the update. It seems for the past few treo models (300, 600) after update there are people who notice serious battery drain. It happened to me once when i didn't fully charge the treo before I updated.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    For those with battery drain, did you all make sure to FULLY charge the battary before you ran the update. It seems for the past few treo models (300, 600) after update there are people who notice serious battery drain. It happened to me once when i didn't fully charge the treo before I updated.
    mine had been on the charger all day so thats not it, but thanks for the info.
    Photo Blog
    My Space
Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast