Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by galambo
    1) the drain is NOT about chatter. How do I know... I don't have chatter and i9 get major power drain after the update

2) It IS because of GPRS being always on. I have nyet to figure out though whuy it wants to be one when i don't have anything that is set up to do so.
    Nice comment. My GPRS is always on because I have programs set for it to be on, such as Chatter & Verichat. When I take my Treo off the charger in the morning, by 3pm when I leave work it's usually at 50%, which is about right. Before I bought my 2200 battery it would be around 37-40% around that time. So no complaints. If I do have battery issues, I carry a traveling charger in my work bag, and I have a car charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    Nice comment. My GPRS is always on because I have programs set for it to be on, such as Chatter & Verichat. When I take my Treo off the charger in the morning, by 3pm when I leave work it's usually at 50%, which is about right.
    thanks

but my point was that i do NOT have any apps that are always on, and since the update the GPRS is always on.

the work around is i go to network and choice an invalid network (my i choice rogere media which i have no idea what that is not i know that is isn't for internet connection) and then i get normal brain drainage.

the question is why is it, even after i manually disconnect, a couple of seconds later it connects by itself.

this is why, i beleive, that most of us are getting higher then before brain drainage
    I called the treo tech support and they hadn't heard of the issue. he said its a hard ware isuue(could possibly be a software issue) but there's no calibrating the battery meter and reinstalling the update is no good. he told me to do a hard reset and if that didn't help take it to the sprint store for the techs to check the battery and I could get a warrant replacement. he made a note of my problem in my file for the techs to see. I did the hard reset and that seemed to correct the problem. the battery seems to be back where it was before the update. thanx...
    Quote Originally Posted by galambo
    1) the drain is NOT about chatter. How do I know... I don't have chatter and i get major power drain after the update

2) It IS because of GPRS being always on. I have yet to figure out though why it wants to be on when i don't have anything that is set up to do so.
    I think you are right. I fixed mine by hard reseting and getting rid of the files that are recreated by the system and this totally fixed my battery drain issues. So I think users who carry over those files by doing a complete restore causes the web apps to stay when they shouldnt be.
    Sounds like we have a winner! i Recommend getting BackupbuddyNFS (or whatver it's called). The trial period is fully functional. This way you can hard reset and get your Treo back to where it should be. My power issues haven't been resolved, but I don't think they are battery related. There are times when the Treo won't shut off at all, or won't turn on at all until several tries. Someone suggested Bluetooth, but I think it's a GPRS issue. When the Treo is working to find GPRS, it blocks all other commands. I think something is happening where it does this without putting the notice on the Treo that it is searching. This may be my issue. Weird... Best wishes with your fixed Treo though!
    The list of restorable files used with backup buddy is long, long, long. And most of them would not be files you would want to restore.

The easiest thind to do would be to hard reset and then explore the backup folder on the desktop and drag all the files that are not your 3rd party applications or their databases to a new folder on the desktop, then sync. If there is anything that needs to be restored that wasnt you could then install that from the new file on the desktop. Again doing this will cause the need to reconfigure all your applications and reenter your registration codes on most applications. This fix not only fixed my battery drain but fixed my reset problem too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    The list of restorable files used with backup buddy is long, long, long. And most of them would not be files you would want to restore.

The easiest thind to do would be to hard reset and then explore the backup folder on the desktop and drag all the files that are not your 3rd party applications or their databases to a new folder on the desktop, then sync. If there is anything that needs to be restored that wasnt you could then install that from the new file on the desktop. Again doing this will cause the need to reconfigure all your applications and reenter your registration codes on most applications. This fix not only fixed my battery drain but fixed my reset problem too.
    This is exactly what I did after performing a "Zero Out" reset. Now everything is working fine. No more turbo drain, no more resets. <knocks on wood>
    Sounds like we have it pegged!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    This is exactly what I did after performing a "Zero Out" reset. Now everything is working fine. No more turbo drain, no more resets. <knocks on wood>

But I don't want to lose all my contacts or my calendar or my blazer bookmarks or my speed dials or my zlauncher prefs/skin. How do I save those? Please don't say they come back from a synch because my calendar won't properly synch with my desktop Outlook still so I can't rely on that at all to restore my calendar.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I would'nt exactly know how to restore the contacts if Outlook is involved. I do know that normally everything is automagically restored because the palm dekstop syncs the standard calander, memos, tasks, and contacts into special files that have nothing to to with the "backup" folder.
    My experience the past few days has reached the following conclusion. Note - not saying this is the cause for everyone - just me..

If I use the internet AT ALL, the battery drains like a leaky faucet all day. Very noticable as I used to end my day with at least 50-60 percent at worst and now I've been down to 18 percent. Usage has been typical. As someone else noted - there seems to be a lot of data usage going on (and I am not using chat programs/email, etc) - it's just idle.

However - the past 2 days I have gone to preferences/network and logged out after using the internet (granted I have to go through logging in each time I connect) and the battery usage at the end of the day is like prior to 1.12.. so.. Will be trying a hard reset tomorrow - but in the meantime, it looks like internet usage (what it's doing I have no idea, but those green arrows keep going on and off during the day if I stay connected) is my culprit...
    Everything has been fine for a week and then yesertday I wake up the Treo after the screen had been off for an hour and the green arrows were on. The battery was about 20% lower than it should be. Then this morning the Treo wouldnt turn on because the battery was completely dead.

We'll I guess from now on I'll have to disconnect from the network after use, untill the next firmware update.
    Ever since the update, it seems like any data usage at all just drains the hell out of the battery. Leaving it connected with green arrows, but not using device at all, also drains it faster than it did prior to the update. I'm not satisfied with this update.
    I have Sprint and the 1.12 update and don't have any battery drain. I use the internet frequenty and haven't ever seen the green arrows lit during any other time than when I'm online. As soon as I close Blazer, the lights go out and stay out. I'm overclocked to 468MHz.

I made my own custom ROM with Snappermail.
    I reapplied the Sprint 1.12 ROM with a full charge and noticed an improvement. A day later I mysteriously lost 30% of my power while in a meeting and my Treo was very hot. That night I did a hard reset and rebuilt my device installing everything from scratch. The first couple days were fine but I have noticed an occasional spurt of battery drain with an unknown active data connection. Looks like the mystery lives on, at least for me.
    Same thing for me, all was good for a week after hard reseting and doing a partial restore then all of a sudden green arrows stuck on and turbo drain.
    I never experienced the battery turbo drain. I only use:

VersaMail
    Handmark Express
    Web Browser
    iPedia

for my Internet connecting softwares. . . .

Is there a common program in use by turbo drain sufferers?

Cheers, Perry.
    Im going to test on wether it relates to the stock treo browser as well as/or Xiino web browser.
    Suddenly my arrows are sticking on gray whereas they used to go off after a bit once I get off of Blazer
    Also, now my charger doesn't seem to always work. It is very loose and I have to really play with it and set it down very carefully or it beeps as off and not charging. UGH!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Also, now my charger doesn't seem to always work. It is very loose and I have to really play with it and set it down very carefully or it beeps as off and not charging. UGH!
    When an application or the phone is not working right my USB cable stops working at the same time,,,,,,,,,,,It has something to do with me jerking the phone off the cable in a frustrated freenze
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast