Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 308
  1. #61  
    Ya know, Xathros, you remind me, I had a similar experience after I upgrade to Sprint 1.08. Perhaps there is some activity going on after the upgrade that we're not aware of?

    As long as everything is back to normal in a week, I'm happy!

    Tom
  2. jorang's Avatar
    Posts
    318 Posts
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    If anything, my battery life has improved with 1.28.....
    Ditto (- in fact no change from 1.23 to 1.28)

    I charged my Treo650 friday - used it for approx 1hr of voice/browsing web during weekend, and some messaging and e-mail.

    Sunday evening - approx 30% battery power left. I leave my bluetooth on, but IR off.......
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    Ditto (- in fact no change from 1.23 to 1.28)

    I charged my Treo650 friday - used it for approx 1hr of voice/browsing web during weekend, and some messaging and e-mail.

    Sunday evening - approx 30% battery power left. I leave my bluetooth on, but IR off.......
    I must be considered a "heavy user" because I charge nightly and have a 2200 mah battery.. I am at 20-30% at the end of the day. Since the update (and I didn't have it charged but it was on the charging cable) I have been warned about low battery (5% remaining) 2 nights since.

    *sigh* this bothers me.


    Bek
  4. #64  
    What has everyone been doing with the keyboard lights? Have you been leaving them on? I can see a scenario where dimming them sucks up a lot of juice, if they're controlling the brightness by turning them off and on superfast.

    Tom
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars
    What has everyone been doing with the keyboard lights? Have you been leaving them on? I can see a scenario where dimming them sucks up a lot of juice, if they're controlling the brightness by turning them off and on superfast.

    Tom
    I thought the whole point of having them auto-dim was to save battery juice. I use the keyshades hack to turn them off entirely during the day, which also is supposed to help save battery life, not eat it up more.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  6. #66  
    I continue to have the turbo drain/hot treo problem after the update. Happens even with Chatter off. Update definitely screwed something up. if I don't keep checking it would drain my battery in a few hours. a serious issue.
  7. #67  
    I should add that it seems to happen completely at random without any indication of what triggers it. The data connection just sticks active.
  8. #68  
    Interesting IMPORTANT NOTICE that I just recieved with my new 2200 mAh from Lion Battery:

    "When charging the battery for the first time, it is recommended to charge it together with your PDA for 12 hours. This will allow the battery, PDA, and battery ROM to synchronize their status. Charging the battery alone in the charger/cradle or another method could lead to future incompatibility problems. . . ."

    So, could this mean, for those of you experiencing battery drain problems due to the 1.12 upgrade(if that was the problem) -- fix the problem by charging your Treo for 12 hours? If it's a situation for the 2200, it might fix the problem for the 1800 original issue battery drain? (Giving them enough time to "re-synchronize" their status?)

    Just a thought.

    (I am going to go into withdrawal, giving up my sidekick for 12 hours!!!!!!!)
    (OK, 6 hours -- given I sleep for 6.)

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/20/2005 at 02:57 PM.
  9. #69  
    Doubtful. My Treo routinely charges for long periods of time--on the cradle in my office, and plugged in at night. Something else is going on here.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    Doubtful. My Treo routinely charges for long periods of time--on the cradle in my office, and plugged in at night. Something else is going on here.

    12 hours? Not sure why they say that is the "magic" number. . . .

    Cheers, Perry.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Interesting IMPORTANT NOTICE that I just recieved with my new 2200 mAh from Lion Battery:

    "When charging the battery for the first time, it is recommended to charge it together with your PDA for 12 hours. This will allow the battery, PDA, and battery ROM to synchronize their status. Charging the battery alone in the charger/cradle or another method could lead to future incompatibility problems. . . ."

    So, could this mean, for those of you experiencing battery drain problems due to the 1.12 upgrade(if that was the problem) -- fix the problem by charging your Treo for 12 hours? If it's a situation for the 2200, it might fix the problem for the 1800 original issue battery drain? (Giving them enough time to "re-synchronize" their status?)

    Just a thought.

    (I am going to go into withdrawal, giving up my sidekick for 12 hours!!!!!!!)
    (OK, 6 hours -- given I sleep for 6.)

    Cheers, Perry.
    But, does that mean that if you didn't charge for 12 hours the very first time then you are forever ruined, or is it fixable by draining and re-charging?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  12. #72  
    Ok - this is weird. I thought I was having battery issues for the first time after upgrading to 1.12, but apprently not. After having the battery go from 97% to 93% in a VERY short period. I did a soft reset (as part of a s/w install) and lo and behold - I'm now at 98% with only 1% change after 2 hrs. Strange, but you may want to try a quick reset...
  13. #73  
    I'm starting to have a sneaking suspicion that my battery is also draining a little bit faster than normal after the 1.12 update.

    I tried doing a soft reset, per ksmith's previous post, but this had no effect.

    I may switch to one of my other spare batteries to see if anything is better or the same.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209
    Ok - this is weird. I thought I was having battery issues for the first time after upgrading to 1.12, but apprently not. After having the battery go from 97% to 93% in a VERY short period. I did a soft reset (as part of a s/w install) and lo and behold - I'm now at 98% with only 1% change after 2 hrs. Strange, but you may want to try a quick reset...
    Just to clarify, are people noticing the drain while they are not even using the phone (i.e., when it is "off", meaning sitting on your desk or whatever, not that it is technically "off" meaning the phone connection is off and you couldn't receive a call)? Or, is it when you are using it that you notice it is draining more quickly than before? As for me, when it is "off" I don't notice much drain. It is only when I actually use it that it seems to drain more quickly than before.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  15. #75  
    While I am actually using it (eg: email, internet, etc), my battery does appear to be draining a bit faster than previously. At first I thought others might be hallucinating about the battery drain (joke, joke), but now I'm starting to believe it!
  16. #76  
    Mine drains while it is sitting there with chatter or other programs running in the background. I also had an incident where it had drained, I did a reset, and then the battery level showed as being much higher than pre-reset. Strange. And, for those who will ask, my battery was fully charged before I did the update--and it was plugged in. The instructions were followed completely.

    I also tried changing from the battery I updated with to one of my two standbys. Same situation. PalmOne, help!
  17. #77  
    I think Palm states that you should have the battery fully charged and the unit plugged in to protect against a power problem of some sort causing the machine to go down during the update process and leaving you with a corrupt ROM. I'm pretty sure it has little to do with the battery meter.

    My guess is that the battery drainage may be related to the changes to Bluetooth. There used to be a setting that would allow to turn on/off the Wake Up from Bluetooth (which is different than discovery). When you turned that function on there would be a warning screen about increased battery usage even when the device was turned off.

    The new version of bluetooth does not have that option, my guess is that it is permanently turned on when bluetooth is turned on. If that's the case, then we would see increased battery use...even if the phone was "off".
    Last edited by kschoenberg; 06/21/2005 at 08:11 AM.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Interesting IMPORTANT NOTICE that I just recieved with my new 2200 mAh from Lion Battery:

    Perry, where did you purchase the 2200 mAh battery?

    Thanks,
    dave
  19. #79  
    (Sprint Treo updated from 1.08 to 1.12 - Network Time not enabled - Bluetooth discovery turned OFF)

    I was on a call for 50 minutes and my battery only lost 17%. Given the CDMA Treo 650 is advertised to have 5 hours of talk time that means I'm within specs.

    Are people with battery drain issues using Network time? I'm going to enable mine, but just never got around to it yet.
    Last edited by darnell; 06/20/2005 at 10:30 PM.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by hackysak
    Perry, where did you purchase the 2200 mAh battery?

    Thanks,
    dave
    http://www.lionbattery.com

    There was a review by hofo mofo:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=86996

    I am now 4 hours into that 12 hour start up charge sequence. I snuck a peek and it's already at 100% (started at 33%). I will see how it goes tomorrow!

    9am 06/21/05 It's now been 4 hours since I removed it from the cradle after the 12 hour charge cycle. Started at 99%, is now at 95%.

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/21/2005 at 07:51 AM.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions