Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
    Has anyone seen a post on address book problems after the update (1.12)? If I scroll through weeks, days, or month view wiht the directional pad, my 650 resets. This started after 1.12 and it happens with phone on or off, call active or innactive. I had sucess wiht the 1.12 update, but then found this problem. I have a few third party apps but nothing major. DTG, Splash ID, MM player, missing sync....
    Thanks in advance!
    sounds like corrupt saved preferences to me
    Battery not the only problem
    I updated to 1.12 and had the same issue. Battery wwent almost twice as fast. When it quit working I got a replacement with 1.08 and am leaving it alone.
    I also had bluetooth issues, or should I say more issues. Reception was worse and I began dropping calls. SOund quality was reduced.
    I am not clear how 1.12 I believe it is a step backwards.
    So you had the address crash situation also?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Duster
    So you had the address crash situation also?
    my problem after the update was it I tapped the voicemail icon I got a crash, my friend had a crash problen in phone preferences. We both deleted the saved preferences file on the handheld and pulled the saved preference file from the backup to restore just incase it wasnt the problem. But in both our cases it fixed the problem.
    warning:

if you delete your saved prference file you may have to re-configure many applications and re-enter registration codes.
    What if the backup file is corrupt also?
    And how do I delete them from the handheld.

Thanks!
    Chuckle chuckle,,,,,, If you delete the saved preference file from the handheld and the reset does not happen again then the saved preference file was likely corrupt. And the handheld system created a new fresh saved preference file.

If you still get the reset then the file was likely not the problem so you would want to sync the file that you saved from the desktops backup so you can resync it.

clear as mud
    I meant, how do I erase them from the handheld; where do I find them?

Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Chuckle chuckle,,,,,, If you delete the saved preference file from the handheld and the reset does not happen again then the saved preference file was likely corrupt. And the handheld system created a new fresh saved preference file.

If you still get the reset then the file was likely not the problem so you would want to sync the file that you saved from the desktops backup so you can resync it.

clear as mud
    Its just one file "saved preferences" and you delete it with a file manager.
    Here is one if you dont have one
    I'm going to erase preference file
    soft rest
    check for the crash (as the treo will creat a new pref file at resart??)
    if crash is gone, I'll remove preference file from backup folder (laptop)
    hotsync
    check for crash again
    good to go?

Its just one file "saved preferences" and you delete it with a file manager.
    Here is one if you dont have one
    Like this
    Ive only had to do this 2 times in 3 years. Once with my kyocera 7135 ond once for the 650 and both times I then had to spend an hour reconfiguring apps and entering registration codes. Documents to go was the culprit the first time.

If you have any questions were happy to help.
    OK, done, reset and crash is still there. Should I retore system preferences or start erasing third parties?

Ive only had to do this 2 times in 3 years. Once with my kyocera 7135 ond once for the 650 and both times I then had to spend an hour reconfiguring apps and entering registration codes. Documents to go was the culprit the first time.

If you have any questions were happy to help.
    Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I'm wondering if I should hard rest and add things back on at a time.
    I myself would drag and drop the old saved preference file to quick install and sync it. Then see if the problem is still there. If it is and it was me I would go awhile with the problem to get more clues or hard reset and sync which does do some good since not all files are backed up, namely the ones that sometimes cause these problems.

Isnt that one a T.V.--->Sharp Zaurus, Palm 500, Clie S-300, S-320, N-760c, Samsung i-330, Samsung i-500, Treo-650
    I had a primitive version of this http://www.myzaurus.com/

I myself would drag and drop the old saved preference file to quick install and sync it. Then see if the problem is still there. If it is and it was me I would go awhile with the problem to get more clues or hard reset and sync which does do some good since not all files are backed up, namely the ones that sometimes cause these problems.

Isnt that one a T.V.--->Sharp Zaurus, Palm 500, Clie S-300, S-320, N-760c, Samsung i-330, Samsung i-500, Treo-650
    It appears it is my Entourgae Datebook that is causing the problem. TO DO, MEMO and ADDRESS are fine. If I leave the Datebook conduit setting to "do nothing" after a hard reset and bakup-restore, it works. When I turn back on the datebook sync, the crash happens. I rebuilt my entourgae databse and am trying again.
    Did you try scanning for a corrupt entry in the datebook?