Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Perry -

I am only using the built in versamail and web browser myself - no 3rd party.. so the mystery continues...
    Hi Sam!

Did you have any autosync settings in either? Try turning them off for awhile.. . .

If you did in Versa Mail, and the above does not stop the issue. . . delete that VersaMail account from the Treo and the HotSync settings and set it up again. . .

(Shots in the dark here. . .)
    nope.. no autosyncing - and had a clear install. I might try another hard reset/re-install of 1.12 though this weekend...
    I just noticed something myself. I had "Enable Local Network Time" selected in my system preferences and did not notice any real substantial difference in battery drain. I then turned it OFF and wow ... my green arrows haven't stopped and my battery was down to 67% by 10:30 am. (my radio is powered on at 6:05 am) Interesting. Any correlation, do you think?
    If you recheck it, does the drain stop?

Actually, I thought it would have been exactly the opposite situation. But I guess corruption in the settings can do lots of weird things. . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by SamCraig
    nope.. no autosyncing - and had a clear install. I might try another hard reset/re-install of 1.12 though this weekend...
    If you are going to do the hard reset, resync to a new/temporary user id and run clean for awhile. The better drain should stop with a new (empty) user id. I just have to beleive it has to be some corrupted settings. . . . . . that will be just brought back with a re-sync to your exisiting user id's backup folder. . . .
    I have done this twice with the same results on my Sprint T650 with 1.12:

*I notice that my battery is at 95% after only 2 hours off of charger. Not really using the T650 for nothing for the first two hours.
    *I do a soft reset.
    *After the soft reset, the battery is now at 99%. It will stay that way for a hour then I notice normal battery drain through out the day.
    *The next day I start this process over again.

There has to be some problem with this new update.
    Darkeye I was at 88% and did a soft reset and now it says I'm at 99%.

P.S. I updated on a full charge and did a complete clean rebuilb and dont use any email applications.
    Wierd, just plain wierd.

I did the hard reset to a temp user id method on my 1.12 update. . .
    Is it the method of update vs. the update itself ?
    Did you folks do the update w/o the hard reset to a clean Treo because you had > 11mb free?

We have to find the common denominator(s) for the people with the problem , or else, why doesn't everybody have turbo drain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    I just noticed something myself. I had "Enable Local Network Time" selected in my system preferences and did not notice any real substantial difference in battery drain. I then turned it OFF and wow ... my green arrows haven't stopped and my battery was down to 67% by 10:30 am. (my radio is powered on at 6:05 am) Interesting. Any correlation, do you think?
    Hello

I noticed the exact same situation.

Now that I "do" have "Enable Local Network Time" selected in my system prefs, my beam off, and both BT discovery and DUN off when not DUN'ing, my battery life seems better and close to pre 1.12 benchmarks except when I have DUN'ed.

Thanks

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Produce Her
    Hello

Now that I "do" have "Enable Local Network Time" selected in my system prefs, my beam off, and both BT discovery and DUN off when not DUN'ing, my battery life seems better and close to pre 1.12 benchmarks except when I have DUN'ed.

Thanks

Mike
    I'm the knucklehead with no battery drain problem . . . . I DID NOT have "Enable Local Network Time" box checked, before or after the update to 1.12. . . . (the reverse of the experience above) and (sorry) I'm not about to check the box to see what happens.. . . . (I know -- a flamin coward.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtwo
    =
    Today, 11:11 AM * #191
    gtwo

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Produce Her
    Hello

Thanks

Mike

I'm the knucklehead with no battery drain problem . . . . I DID NOT have "Enable Local Network Time" box checked, before or after the update to 1.12. . . . (the reverse of the experience above) and (sorry) I'm not about to check the box to see what happens.. . . . (I know -- a flamin coward.)

Cheers, Perry.

Hi Perry

I understand now. But if you want to see some turbo drain try DUN'ing for a couple of hours and let me know how your battery held up.

Also, don't be afraid to enable local time network as the 1.12 update solved the original huge problem that precipitated the reccommendation to "not enable" the "enable local time network " feature.

Thanks

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Produce Her
    Now that I "do" have "Enable Local Network Time" selected,, my battery life seems better
    So disable network time and you battery drains

Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    I then turned it OFF and wow ... my green arrows haven't stopped and my battery was down to 67%
    So disable network time and your battery drains also

I have enabled and disabled network time and clocked the connection and 30 minutes after closing blazer I still have an intermittent connection draining the battery.

What does this do to email programs that check the server every 30 minutes does it just cause a constant connection since the arrows stay on to long?
    Ya, I can imagine -- 2 hours of straight data transfer would do it. I was just pointing out that the "Enable Local Time" box may not be the issue (or sole issue) with the battery drain people are experiencing with "nothing" being on, (as far as they know ). . . . . . . . . ..as my setting was the reverse of their's.

Cheers, Perry.
    Thanks for your help Perry, I wish more users would chime in with info so we could get this figured out.

Do you'all think the users who do not have battery drain are users who have one of following situations?

1) They do not use a data connection?
    2) Their phone sits on the cradle half the day and the charger half the evening?
    3) They always disconnect their data connection after use?
    4) Some other factors I have not thought about?

I myself thought my battery drain was resolved because I was using Xiino blazer and using its disconnect icon when done.
    My treo operates as it always has *IF* I remember to disconnect the internet after use via preferences. Wish it operated the same as pre-1.12, but I suppose there are worse things...
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Thanks for your help Perry, I wish more users would chime in with info so we could get this figured out.

Do you'all think the users who do not have battery drain are users who have one of following situations?

1) They do not use a data connection?
    2) Their phone sits on the cradle half the day and the charger half the evening?
    3) They always disconnect their data connection after use?
    4) Some other factors I have not thought about?

I myself thought my battery drain was resolved because I was using Xiino blazer and using its disconnect icon when done.
    Previous post by Perry:

I never experienced the battery turbo drain. I only use:

VersaMail
    Handmark Express
    Web Browser
    iPedia

for my Internet connecting softwares. . . .

Is there a common program in use by turbo drain sufferers?

Cheers, Perry.

James, what do you mean by data connection? I do connect to the Interenet with the apps mentioned.. . . .

My Treo is on my hip or night stand 100% of the time -- except for 10 to 15 minute battery "top offs" I do in the evening along with a Hot Sync.

I believe the mentioned apps are self closing?

I still have to believe it is a corrupt 3rd party setting that is the bug and not the 1.12 itself. . . . . . or maybe it is a bug in 1.12, but one only related to how it handles a software that uses a "contiuously" open connection, that is causing that 3rd party software to remain open and searching.. ...

Cheers, Perry
    Quote Originally Posted by SamCraig
    My treo operates as it always has *IF* I remember to disconnect the internet after use via preferences. Wish it operated the same as pre-1.12, but I suppose there are worse things...
    Help the dummy, I can't find this disconnect command under System Preferences or under Options/Preferences from within Blazer.

Cheers, Perry
    I read every msg in this thread. excelent advice & ideas.

I sufferred with myself after the update. I drained battery to zero charged for 12 hours & did a hard reset & restored from normal hot sync. I then turned off beam & turned off BT (will just turn on when need to use BT headset, I have re pair anyway when use it after turning off headset).

this combo of many smarter people on here's advice worked & drain issue seems fixed back to normal battery life.

These boards are great as you can see by my sig file I'm ancient on these boards back when it was visorcentral. I lurk & learn a lot I only post when I can add something or have a question can't find thru a search.

good luck everyone!

I can't wait for treo 700 whenever that is (sorry no scoop)
    Palm Professional -> Palm III-> Sprint Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Sprint Handspring Treo 300 -> Sprint Handspring Treo 600 -> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p
    If your battery drained to 0% how did you do a hard reset with no juice?
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast