1.    #1  
    Hi,

For some reason the Birthday field in my contacts doesn't sync to the birthday field on my palm. the birthday info just doesn't go anywhere. anyone know how i can get that to work? the birthdays show up on my calendar because i have them on ical, but it'd be nice for them to be on the contact info too.

thanks,
    michael

ps. i have a cingular treo 650 running tiger (Mac OS 10.4).

grundler30605
    I read on p1 that you need to take out the ' between the name - like fred's birthday won't ever get synked as it thinks xxxx's birthday may be a dupe. so change to fred bd...

sounds silly but could be why.
    with my Verizon Treo 650 and Outlook 2003. How do you get the birthday from contacts in Outlook 2003 to sync and display in Treo 650 birthday filed in contacts.

The ' trick, in KB 25922, concerns the impact on calendar items, not contact, on the Treo.
    I don't think I had to do anything to get this to work - just did for me. I don't know if there is a difference between Windows and MAC on this and how they sync though (I'm using Windows).

I do know that by choosing advanced in the hotsync setup you can map other fields in Outlook to one of the nine custom fields on the Treo, but this wouldn't solve your problem as it doesn't let you select the built in Birthday field.