View Poll Results: How are the Sprint 1.12 update or GSM 1.13 update working for you?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Updated from Sprint 1.08 to 1.12 and it is great!

69 45.10%
  • Updated from a Sprint pre-1.08 ROM to 1.12 and it is great!

4 2.61%
  • Updated from Sprint 1.08 to 1.12 and it is OK

17 11.11%
  • Updated from a Sprint pre-1.08 ROM to 1.12 and it is OK

3 1.96%
  • Updated from Sprint 1.08 to 1.12 and it is no good!

5 3.27%
  • Updated from a Sprint pre-1.08 ROM to 1.12 and it is no good!

1 0.65%
  • Installed the GSM 1.13 update and it is great!

39 25.49%
  • Installed the GSM 1.13 update and it is OK

14 9.15%
  • Installed the GSM 1.13 update and it is no good!

1 0.65%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK lets gather some data and see how these new updates are working for everyone! Please offer your feedback in the poll and post anything additional you might want to add.

You can get more details about the updates at: Major updates for Sprint and unlocked GSM Treo 650
    So far Thumbs up (1.08-1.12)
    Everything is as it was advertised. BT DUN works. No more call dialing lag (never bothered me to begin with, but it is gone now.) And a few other little extras as well.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Sprint update is great. More memory (switched from 1.08) and the lag is gone when dialing from history or the phonebook!

Except for no Wi-fi card support the treo really meets expectations now.
    So far I can say I'm a happy camper. Like Insertion, the call delay wasnt a big issue to me; some things you just learn to deal with.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    The redial feature now works on my Scala 500! The sound quality didn't improve though.
    Im thrilled to get rid of the phone lag and the improved handwriting recognition is great. Otherwise I wasnt having any trouble with anything any way.
  7.    #7  
    34 votes so far and 73.53% say it's great!

94.12% say it's at least OK!

Hey, PalmOne is doing pretty good with these patches!

OK, now that I've watched enough guinea pigs give it a try, I'll run the update myself and report my own results .
    I still have a lag when alarms go off. The screen will light up then I will hear the alarm then the acknowledgement screen will appear. This will take 5 to 10 seconds before I can actually press any buttons to acknowledge the alarm. Very very very frustrating. It could be because I am using Agendus Pro.
    Upgrade (UNL-GSM) was almost a disaster. I forgot to change the Conduit settings for Entourage to "Computer Overides Handheld" so the first HotSync after the upgrade, the empty Palm PDA databases wiped out all my Entourage data: Contacts, Calendar, Notes and Tasks. Luckily I had done a backup of my hard disk yesterday, including the Entourage database, so, after restoring back that database and doing a "Computer Overides Handheld" HotSync, I only lost the data that I entered today - a couple of contacts. So, my advice to anyone embarking on this upgrade: try to think through any special HotSync applications like Entourage because if you follow the instructions verbatim, you may lose some data. And, just-in-case, do a double back-up by copying your pre-update HotSync backup into another location first.

But, apart from that, the upgrade has gone fine and everything seems to be up and running. And I have gained about 8Mb of RAM...

Regards
    Peter
    I must have had at least one app that doesn't like the new firmware. There was no easy restoration of data and apps for me. The data from calendar, contacts, etc. all sync'ed but I had to go bare bones on the apps to keep from getting resets. So far, Xpress Mail, Updated Docs to Go, Stowaway BT Keyboard Driver, Backupbuddy VFS, and FileZ are all working. Still need to work Verichat, KeyCaps, and PXAclocker back onboard. It could have been YAHM that was causing the problem.?
    GSM Unlocked from Pa1mOne

Great update! The phone lag was an annoyance and now that it's gone, Huzzah! Speaker volume seems a bit louder, not much, but a little. Maybe it's just the sound quallity that some folks have mentioned over at Brighthand. What I really want is added stability. I won't know until I've had the update for more than 15 minutes Install was super-smooth and easy.
  12.    #12  
    Just ran the update myself (Updated from Sprint 1.08 to 1.12) and all went well.

I even went from 13.5M free to 13.8M free . No more space improvements were promised in this patch that were not already in 1.08 but I saw a small increase in free space.

So I say it's great!

Works as advertised!

This is really good that P-1's patches for the T650 are working so well and better overall at not creating new issues like patches for the old T600 and T300 would often do.
    Less space. Lost .3 M even with deleting a couple pics I had in memory. Battery drains more quickly. Random resets. Connects on calls more quickly.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Sprint 1.12 was a definite improvement. Speedier, DUN official, usable KB lights (works great with kblights on toggle mode), MAYBE a little more available RAM (every kb makes a difference on this thing...).

Would have been more appropriate that the phones were shipped with this level of quality 7 months ago on release , rather than having people beta test it (ahem... again) for PalmOne - but better late than never. We're stuck with the paltry RAM, but what CAN be fixed seems mostly to be addressed.

I hold out hope against hope that PalmOne will SOMEday hire and listen to a few of the dreaded and deriled "power users" (and actually take their concerns seriously in the development stages) rather than berating us for pointing out the numerous missteps after they release any more half-a$$ed devices like the 650, T5, Lifedrive, (and many previous models). The day the 650 was released, users immediately noticed the file system problems, speed issues, reset problems THAT DAY. (Search the forums if you think I'm kidding). PalmOne responded by trying to kill the messengers, and the apologists piped in. "Marketing spin" can only BS so many people - others of us have used Palms long enough to know better.

7 months after release PalmOne has essentially and finally acknowledged that the complaints of "power users" were completely valid, otherwise this update would not have repaired so many things wrong with the device. Stop trying to kill the messengers, PalmOne - we may be your only hope.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    The upgrade went fine ... but now the e-mail synchronization ( using OneBridge from Extended Systems ) with our corporate e-mail server doesn't work anylonger

I am not sure but I suspect that the issue is related to the updated Carrier Profiles, that came with the upgrade.
    I'm a happy camper with the Sprint 1.12 update. I did lose some settings and apps that were easily restored:

1. Voicdialing by VoiceSignal needed reinstalling
    2. Settings in Zlauncer needed to be reset
    3. My security setting was lost
    4. Shadowmite Tribute Splash screen needed reinstalling
    5. Zap!2016 is no longer registered (still haven't fixed this one)

To all that haven't done the update yet, a word of advise:

A. Follow evilghost's directions in this thread (they are flawless):

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=87610

B. Update your DocsToGo as stated on the PalmOne site, as well as the other apps they mention.

C. Delete Shadowmite's BtManager.patched file as the new one has Bt DUN enabled and the old file may interfere with the new one.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    After new firmware was installed, I am experienced problems with the 3rd party GPS programs - using handmap zoom option causes crashing and the same thing in pathaway3 just get stuck for treo. anybody else is seeing the same issue? both programs I used is the latest version
    Sprint upgrade from 1.08 to 1.12.....

After having a problem with one file hanging my hotsync, the update went fine. However, now my phone doesn't really work. I dial a number, it rings the line at the other end, but I cannot hear the person who answers, and they cannot hear me. Also, the "Speakerphone" icon disappears as soon as dialing begins.....

And yes, I did a hard reset and the problem still exists. One item of interest: I had the "unknown" network at the end of the upgrade. However, I have no problem connecting to PCSVision, and the "unknown" entry went away and was replaced with a "PCS Vision" entry after the first connection.

Grrrr. Little problems......
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by TriangleRocks
    Sprint upgrade from 1.08 to 1.12.....

After having a problem with one file hanging my hotsync, the update went fine. However, now my phone doesn't really work. I dial a number, it rings the line at the other end, but I cannot hear the person who answers, and they cannot hear me. Also, the "Speakerphone" icon disappears as soon as dialing begins.....

Grrrr. Little problems......
    Little problems?..............
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    Little problems?..............
    Things are never as bad as they appear. You as a Jedi should know that !
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast