View Poll Results: How are the Sprint 1.12 update or GSM 1.13 update working for you?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Updated from Sprint 1.08 to 1.12 and it is great!

69 45.10%
  • Updated from a Sprint pre-1.08 ROM to 1.12 and it is great!

4 2.61%
  • Updated from Sprint 1.08 to 1.12 and it is OK

17 11.11%
  • Updated from a Sprint pre-1.08 ROM to 1.12 and it is OK

3 1.96%
  • Updated from Sprint 1.08 to 1.12 and it is no good!

5 3.27%
  • Updated from a Sprint pre-1.08 ROM to 1.12 and it is no good!

1 0.65%
  • Installed the GSM 1.13 update and it is great!

39 25.49%
  • Installed the GSM 1.13 update and it is OK

14 9.15%
  • Installed the GSM 1.13 update and it is no good!

1 0.65%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TriangleRocks
    Things are never as bad as they appear. You as a Jedi should know that !
    "Yes, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice."
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    It may just be my imagination but it seems that programs launch a little faster from the SD card. I am using a 1GB Extreme III.
    Quote Originally Posted by TriangleRocks
    Sprint upgrade from 1.08 to 1.12.....

After having a problem with one file hanging my hotsync, the update went fine. However, now my phone doesn't really work. I dial a number, it rings the line at the other end, but I cannot hear the person who answers, and they cannot hear me. Also, the "Speakerphone" icon disappears as soon as dialing begins.....

And yes, I did a hard reset and the problem still exists. One item of interest: I had the "unknown" network at the end of the upgrade. However, I have no problem connecting to PCSVision, and the "unknown" entry went away and was replaced with a "PCS Vision" entry after the first connection.

Grrrr. Little problems......
    Figured this one out.....Treo headphone jack is screwed up. It thinks it has a handsfree kit plugged in!!! See this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=87848
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
    After using Evil Ghost's method, I am totally psyched! The whole procedure was so much better than I thought it would be. Next steps: re-install SnapperMail (haven't done anything with it in over 1.5 months), Docs to Go and a few other apps...once I get my SanDisk Ultra II 2gb card! I'm hoping that will be soon!

Is just LOVE the keyboard dimming thing! Oh, that and the no lag time anymore with the calling.
    ###
    100% better!!!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Installed on a GSM locked 650 which previously had 1.23. I did this only a few hours ago, so can't comment too much, but I have had one spontaneous reset already (it was just sitting on my desk - not doing anything.) Sigh.

Had to reenter registration codes for several of my apps, but otherwise the process was smooth.
    Overall very pleased with the Sprint 1.12. At first I ended up with the 'endless loop' issue but following another thread's instructions to do a hard reset and synch to an empty user ... this fixed this problem. It's probably something I have on my treo.

2 things I noticed that haven't been mentioned:
    1. Fixed Beam receive problem. My hotsynch name, greater than 10 characters, now does not prevent me from receiving beams.

2. Search / find. Before when you search contacts, there was a display bug which didn't properly display search results. That is fixed for me!

Palm is doing a good job in responding to problem reports!
    Last edited by paulclif; 06/18/2005 at 06:14 PM. Reason: misspelling typo
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    OK lets gather some data and see how these new updates are working for everyone! Please offer your feedback in the poll and post anything additional you might want to add.

You can get more details about the updates at: Major updates for Sprint and unlocked GSM Treo 650
    Working great for me. Big plus is that the bluetooth, regardless of what Palm says, works with our Lexus. Delay in dialing is gone. Nothing got broken, unlike the previous 1.08 release which eliminated my ability to sync with Lotus Notes using Commontime's program.
    New Versamail is (at least so far) more stable using MS Exchange ActiveSync - it was erroring out on me in the pre-1.08 and 1.08 versions - but so far so good in 1.12!
    ...and sometimes they are not as GOOD as they appear
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Chatter completely flaked out afterwards. Would rebuild the contacts auto-fill every time I cycled through the mailboxes and eventually reset. Alarms set via Life Balance datebook entries don't go off correctly (will turn on the screen at the appropriate time, once even showed the alarm window, but never makes a sound. Alarms entered directly into the calendar work fine.) Other than that, just lost some preferences.

I figure my preferences got screwed up somehow. I hard reset it and selectively copied most things from my Backup directory back on, excluding the preferences one, Life Balance, and Chatter. Redid all my prefs, including all the registration codes, which was a little annoying but not as bad as I thought. I have them all in Splash ID for easy reference. Did a clean install of Chatter with the latest version and it works fine again. Life Balance still doesn't produce good alarms anymore but I filed a report with them about it.
    I noticed a strange problem that I can't *necessarily* attribute to 1.12 but here's what happens. When I'm in the phone app and use my stylus to access the menu by tapping the upper left corner of the screen, the very next tap I make *anywhere* on the screen causes a fatal exception error. Doesn't matter if the phone is on or off.

##377# reveals,

"A reset was caused on 99/99/99 at 88:88 am while running "Phone":

Fatal Exception.

I can access the menu using the hard key and then the stylus works fine anywhere on the screen.
    Two issues I am concerned about so far.
    1. Much much faster battery drain. I disabled IR and it still is draining really fast.
    2. It did something strange to re-format the old SMS's I had. They used to show just the last response in the back and forth, with what looked like cartoon text bubbles as the icon in yellow. Now, it shows every back and forth, with a green icon and notepad next to each back and forth. Did I need to reset or change a preference or something?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    The 1.12 update is working wonderfully for me.

Gained 600kb of memory.
    Dialing lag is gone.
    Rear speaker is clearer and richer. (Why?)
    Diddlebug errant strokes are gone.
    Easter Egg is still there -- will the Taxi ever come?
    New Features came in the HandMark Express update . . . .
    I am undecided. Did not save any memory (in fact might have lost some).
    Battery drains seems faster.
    Green arrows are on more and harder to connect to vision.
    Vision speeds are slower.
    Sound seems about the same.
    Dialing is faster.
    Like option for BT DUN, though I have not used it as of yet.
  16.    #36  
    I'm thinking the additional space after this update is probably just from the browser cache being cleared or something like that. That is for us that already had the Sprint 1.08 update.

Has anyone checked if the old "Network Time" issues were addressed in this update?

(And for the record my T650 was much better than my T600 even before any of the updates.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treocracy
    I noticed a strange problem that I can't *necessarily* attribute to 1.12 but here's what happens. When I'm in the phone app and use my stylus to access the menu by tapping the upper left corner of the screen, the very next tap I make *anywhere* on the screen causes a fatal exception error. Doesn't matter if the phone is on or off.

##377# reveals,

"A reset was caused on 99/99/99 at 88:88 am while running "Phone":

Fatal Exception.

I can access the menu using the hard key and then the stylus works fine anywhere on the screen.
    I tried replicating this, but mine did not crash. Mine's an unlocked GSM.
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Two issues I am concerned about so far.
    1. Much much faster battery drain. I disabled IR and it still is draining really fast.
    2. It did something strange to re-format the old SMS's I had. They used to show just the last response in the back and forth, with what looked like cartoon text bubbles as the icon in yellow. Now, it shows every back and forth, with a green icon and notepad next to each back and forth. Did I need to reset or change a preference or something?
    The yellow text bubbles are for those SMS which have at more than one message from or to the same person. Green icon with notepad next to each other means there's just one SMS message to or from the person. Perhaps your chat function is disabled? Select preferences, chat.
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Has anyone checked if the old "Network Time" issues were addressed in this update?
    It was posted in the Sprint Update thread that is was addressed and fixed. (I believe by Jeff Gibson.)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I'm thinking the additional space after this update is probably just from the browser cache being cleared or something like that. That is for us that already had the Sprint 1.08 update.

(And for the record my T650 was much better than my T600 even before any of the updates.)
    I cleared the cache before making the mark to compare against, I believe the 600kb in new memory (for me) is a true apples to apples comparison.

Cheers, Perry
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast