Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    versamail's been known to redownload emails even after they have been marked for deletion
    its also caused resets for a good number of users here up until this point.. have these issues been resolved with the latest rom update?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    I have found the best fix for VersaFail is Chatter. Snapper would also be a good remedy. Hell, smoke signals would be an improvement!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Lol. Ya crack me up, man! yeah, I've got snappermail right now and I'm pretty happy with it.
    I've tried installing chatter, but can't quite get it to work for some reason. I'd love to get my gmail account working on it - what are your settings?
    I have gmail forwarded to fastmail, so I can have it pushed. Can't help you for POP3 receiving...

For sending, my settings are:
    Server:smtp.gmail.com
    Login Name:xxxxx@gmail.com
    Password: xxxxxxx
    Ret'n Addr xxxx@gmail.com

And I have TLS checked

This may help you on with POP3 settings:
    http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/...4043&topic=194
    (that'll take you to Snapper settings, should be close enough)

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Awesome. Ill see if I can get it up and running tonight. Might check into fastmail while I'm at it too, who knows. thanks, man! appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    Awesome. Ill see if I can get it up and running tonight. Might check into fastmail while I'm at it too, who knows. thanks, man! appreciate it.
    Look into fastmail. (www.fastmail.fm) when you're up and running.

Once you have your mail pushed, you'll wonder how you ever got by without it. You just need the free fastmail account, unless you need more storage space. I have gmail forwarded to fastmail, and also have my settings in gmail so that I keep a copy. I can then delete the messages on Chatter and Fastmail, but still have the messages saved on gmail.

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Insertion... I have Verison DSL mail, and gmail... could I get these to "push" if I use fastweb and chatter?
    I don't see why not. Gmail certainly. VZ should be no problem. I have my Charter Pipeline inbox also forwarded to fastmail, so I can't see where VZ would be a problem. However, with Charter, I have to use the Sprint smtp server to send. Can't relay using Charter.

For POP3 and GMail accounts, I've had no troubles at all using Versamail V3.08 since early April. (Its set to automatically update the email every 5 or 15 minutes)

(I'm a fairly light user -- only doing between 10-25 emails a day) so YMMV.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Funny, I'm switching from Snappermail to Versamail, I like Versmail more.
    Versamail still downloads old mail from my pop3 account even though it's set to download only mail less than 1 day old.
    Quote Originally Posted by pi314
    Versamail still downloads old mail from my pop3 account even though it's set to download only mail less than 1 day old.
    Really?
    I have mine set for 1 week, and it doesn't download anything more than 1 week old. Perhaps it's an issue with the 1 day setting?

On a separate note:
    FYI when I delete messages then empty the trash, the messages will re-download (as it now no longer remembers you downloaded and delete them.)

So whatever age you set to download, make that the same setting for auto emptying the trash. EG: download 1 week and newer, also set to auto empty trash after 1 week. This avoides the re-download.
    Not really a bug, per-se, just a design flaw.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I've read about others who have had those problems with old email being downloaded again and again -- but I have had NO PROBLEMS at all -- (I'm sure I'm now doomed of course...)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    I use snapper and I have my verizon dsl and gmail account set up with no problems. To set up my gmail account I googled "gmail account settings"
    "Someone call the Whambulance"
    Photo Blog
    My Space
    I came here to read specifically about Versamail & the new update. What is fixed & what is broke?

That was the question, not bait & switch topic.
    FastFrank
    Versamail has always worked well for me. I have 2 pop accounts set up on it.
    I have no problems with VM on the pre-update Cingular phone (ROM 1.04).

In VM, I choose to leave messages on the server after I download them to the Treo. I never get old messages back after I choose (when emtying the Trash) to delete the mails from both the handheld and the server. I do that to the junk mail etc. I leave the mails I want on the handheld inbox and when I get home, they get downloaded to Outlook Express.

So, besides crashes (which I don't see .. and happen with any software), there are no problems that I know of in VM even with the older (current for us Cingular users :-( ROM. I can't answer what's fixed and what's not.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I use versamail and am still having issues with "Get Failed"...when I go to manually get, it works fine. I use it with an IMAP account...if that matters

rob