Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Butler 3.0 is out...looks very nice. I just installed it and immediatly noticed the conflict with LauncherX (hack 1.11) has been resolved. Now you can use the 5 way w/ launcher + the volume buttons in Butler.

Very nice update!
    Last edited by digitalfx; 06/19/2005 at 07:07 PM.
    nah still has some bugs - kept reseting my treo 650
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  3.    #4  
    I havent had a single reset since I installed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    I havent had a single reset since I installed it.
    Me either. Not one.
    installed and lovin' it
    can i install over the old version (2.86)? or do i have to uninstall and reinstall?
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Disable all the settings in 2.86, then you can install over top.

I haven't had any resets since installing 3.0, but I have found a bug. On my phone, at least, KeyLaunch doesn't work in the phone app. It works from everywhere else, but I can't launch a favorite if I'm in the phone app itself.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Disable all the settings in 2.86, then you can install over top.

I haven't had any resets since installing 3.0, but I have found a bug. On my phone, at least, KeyLaunch doesn't work in the phone app. It works from everywhere else, but I can't launch a favorite if I'm in the phone app itself.
    Thanks meyerweb! Can I send this over to my phone via IR or BT to do the update, or should I hotsync it? I am not at my hotsync computer tonight.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Meyer,

Just an FYI KLaunch works for me from the Phone Application.
    KLaunch isn't working for me at all in this version. When I hold down a key, it just takes me to the dial pad.
    I also have a KeyLaunch problem after upgrading to 3.0: it no longer works if my favorite is either a speed dial or a Web link. It works fine if my favorite links to an app, but with speed dial or Web link favorites it takes me to the phone app and then does nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    nah still has some bugs - kept reseting my treo 650
    Any details appreciated. Ideally instructions on how to replicate the reset - but getting the error reports (dial *#err after the reset) can sometimes help.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Folks with problems getting keylaunch to work - can you tell me what rom you're using.

I changed the keylaunch so it went through the dial pad rather than the front screen so that it would work with the wierd Orange ROM. It's possible that some other ROM doesn't allow keylaunch throught the dial pad.

All should work fine for launching apps though - those are now quite seperate from the phone app. Let me know if otherwise
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Just to confirm I created a few links to websites and applications and tried running them via the hot key and it works from all locations.

confusedvorlon what does *#err or #*err do?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna
    Just to confirm I created a few links to websites and applications and tried running them via the hot key and it works from all locations.

confusedvorlon what does *#err or #*err do?
    The Treo informs you what caused the last reset.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Hicks on my Treo i use #*377 what is err or was he just being general and saying use the error code?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I presume that he is being general Kahuna....
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna
    Hicks on my Treo i use #*377 what is err or was he just being general and saying use the error code?
    377 spells err if you look at the dialpad on the screen 3=E, 7=R, 7=R.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    Folks with problems getting keylaunch to work - can you tell me what rom you're using.
    I'm using the latest Sprint 1.12 ROM, uprgaded from version 1.08.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast