Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    do you have the attention grabber set with alert sms selected?

alternatively - do you have it set with 'normal alerts' selected and your sms's are delivered as normal attention manager alerts?
    I have attention manager (normal alerts) and incoming SMS, and voicemail notification selected.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    unfortunately z-launcher doesn't follow the correct procedure when it meets a protected database (telling it). I have sent them the code to fix this - please write to them if you want to encourage them.

In the meantime, the built in app launcher will delete no-problems, as will the latest Initiate.

or you can just disable Butler first.
    I tried disabling Butler and deleting with zlauncher and filez, no luck. I went to the sytem launcher and disabled butler again and tried to delete, nada again.

I don't really want to get rid of Butler, after all I paid for it. I just wanted to revert to the previous version that was working better for me.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Does anyone know if the newest version of Butler (3.13) installs clean WITHOUT the saved preferences bug as was reported initially when Butler 3.0 was introduced?

Thanks.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by dimensiondvdrob
    Does anyone know if the newest version of Butler (3.13) installs clean WITHOUT the saved preferences bug as was reported initially when Butler 3.0 was introduced?

Thanks.
    It installed clean for me...of course, I never experienced the saved preferences bug with 3.0, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimensiondvdrob

Thanks.
    Installed clean for me too.

I don't think the saved prefs bug has anything to do with Butler. Search around, there are a few threads on it.

But just to be safe do a back up first and you'll be covered.
    Haven't heard anything on the saved pref bug in a while. There were a couple ot fingers pointing at profiles, or possibly the combination of butler and profiles. Still nothing definite as far as I know though.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    I've been having this Saved Preferences Bug thing, big time.

I removed Butler 3.13 and went back to 2.89 and it was still happening ?

I have now removed both Butler and Phone Technican completely, as it seemed to start after I upgraded to the newer releases of these. ie with Hobbyist mp3 player versions.

So far so good, but it's not been long enough to say if the problem has gone away, due to the random nature of the problem.

I will try and keep you updated of my progress. It's a real pain as it's turned a 100% rock solid 650 into a real pain.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    The Butler icon for 3.13 finally disappeared hours after trying to delete it. I restored Butler 2.86 with backupman and all is good again with my LED.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    ..as it seemed to start after I upgraded to the newer releases of these. ie with Hobbyist mp3 player versions.

I will try and keep you updated of my progress. It's a real pain as it's turned a 100% rock solid 650 into a real pain.
    The hobbyist player doesn't use any preferences at all - so I doubt it's that. Definitely an issue though and any help pinning it down will be much appreciated.

I still need a way to reliably recreate the problem.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    I haven't had a single problem with the new version of Butler, other than the occasional keycaps600 bug.
    The hobbyist player doesn't use any preferences at all - so I doubt it's that. Definitely an issue though and any help pinning it down will be much appreciated.

I still need a way to reliably recreate the problem.
    YHM email
    Thought of the day :
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    When I run the program PalmInternals, Butler is listed under hede with the following text:

109 'Butler' m68k 64540F40

Could you please address this issue? I'd like to totally avoid hede if possible to maintain performance.

PalmInternals

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...?PalmInternals
    What does hede mean please ?
    Thought of the day :
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    AWESOME FIND FOR ME TODAY (PALMINTERNALS). I see that with my KeyCaps600 running, speed test is at 5000 tics, 50 secs on avg. With it turned off...speed test is 76 tics, 7secs. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Yup. KeyCaps600 is a big culprit. I think people would be shocked by what's running with hede and hvch notifications. Total CPU hogging madness.
    Yup. KeyCaps600 is a big culprit. I think people would be shocked by what's running with hede and hvch notifications. Total CPU hogging madness.
    The difference on mine wasn't that much. I'm overclocked to 468MHz and I got 6771/67 with keycaps on and 4126/41 with it off.

It says that it tests by doing keypresses though. Could KeyCaps be messing up the test just because it modifies the keystrokes and not because it's eating up CPU?
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    That's a 50% hit 2000 Man. That seems pretty big to me. I score 391 tics (4 secs) now and I'm not overclocked.

According to what I read in the explanation above if it's under hede it's saying "that it wants to be notified whenever any event happens in the system (button push, screen tap, etc)."
    That's a 50% hit 2000 Man. That seems pretty big to me. I score 391 tics (4 secs) now and I'm not overclocked.

According to what I read in the explanation above if it's under hede it's saying "that it wants to be notified whenever any event happens in the system (button push, screen tap, etc)."
    I never noticed any slowdowns before, but I'll try running with keycaps disabled for a while. I would get the keycaps/butler bug when trying to dial speed dials every once in a while, so hopefully that will be gone now. I almost hope not because keycaps is such a worthwhile program.
    Quote Originally Posted by winger
    AWESOME FIND FOR ME TODAY (PALMINTERNALS). I see that with my KeyCaps600 running, speed test is at 5000 tics, 50 secs on avg. With it turned off...speed test is 76 tics, 7secs. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!
    You're lucky, Palminternals crashes my 650 GSM Orange every time I try to run it
    Thought of the day :
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123