Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am currently using 2.86. I am skeptical to upgrade to 3.0, due to reports of people losing all their saved prefs files. I just upgraded to the unlocked GSM 1.13 ROW, FW 1.28. Am I in danger of this happening to me if I upgrade to 3.0? Right now, 2.86 is working perfectly and I don't want to rock the boat, although I do like having the latest versions of all my softwares.

Thanks.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    I'm having problems with the launch-application-after-I-clear-an-alarm feature in Butler.

I can set it to any application, and that works just fine, but I can't clear that setting again. Clicking [ Clear ] does set it to "None Selected", but when I click OK and then go back and look at it again, that same application is still selected.

Using alarm 1 in Butler 3.00 on a Treo 650 unlocked GSM ROW fw/sw 1.28/1.13.

Has anyone else seen this?

Also (entering nitpicking mode now), why isn't the list of available applications sorted alphabetically? Kinda would have made it easier to use, no?

/duckman
    Philips PR95 (NMT) > Nokia 232 (AMPS) > Nokia 5190 & 5110 (GSM) > Ericsson R520m (unlocked GSM) > Treo 650 (unlocked GSM) on Fido
    Quote Originally Posted by dimensiondvdrob
    377 spells err if you look at the dialpad on the screen 3=E, 7=R, 7=R.
    Doh I feel like an *****. I was not looking at the phone but the keyboard err is 122 on that
    Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    I'm having problems with the launch-application-after-I-clear-an-alarm feature in Butler.

I can set it to any application, and that works just fine, but I can't clear that setting again. Clicking [ Clear ] does set it to "None Selected", but when I click OK and then go back and look at it again, that same application is still selected.

Using alarm 1 in Butler 3.00 on a Treo 650 unlocked GSM ROW fw/sw 1.28/1.13.

Has anyone else seen this?

Also (entering nitpicking mode now), why isn't the list of available applications sorted alphabetically? Kinda would have made it easier to use, no?

/duckman
    added to the bug list - Thanks.
    And yes, you're right, the apps should be alphabetical - I didn't even realise they weren't.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    added to the bug list - Thanks.
    And yes, you're right, the apps should be alphabetical - I didn't even realise they weren't.
    Thanks for looking into this, confusedvorlon! Oh, I forgot to mention what a great piece of software this is!

If you're in bug fixing mode anyway, could you please have a look at another little annoyance? I'm using 24 hour time on my Treo (time format HH.MM), but still, in the Alarm screen, the various alarm times are shown in 12 hour am/pm format (in the little dashed box just after "Enable Alarm 1 for"). Kinda weird, because if I tap that am/pm time box to set the alarm time, I get a 24 hour settings dialog (the Select Time for Alarm dialog). Also, the current time up in the right corner is displayed with the correct format.

As I said, more of an annoyance than a bug (it doesn't affect functionality at all), but why go for anything less than perfect?

Regards,

/duckman
    Philips PR95 (NMT) > Nokia 232 (AMPS) > Nokia 5190 & 5110 (GSM) > Ericsson R520m (unlocked GSM) > Treo 650 (unlocked GSM) on Fido
    anybody having problems with Butler Klaunch with keycaps600. I just installed Keycaps600 today and none of my favorite launch and speed dial seem to work but once I disable keycaps600 everything is back to normal.

I appreciate the help
    Make sure you "disable in Phone" in Keycaps. Play with the Keycaps setting in Keylaunch page of Butler.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  8. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'm a new Treo user and I love Butler, but I have one issue: the alarm features are very sophisticated, except it doesn't allow me to choose the length of time to snooze. I especially like apps that put the choice right on the snooze screen so I can decide how much more time I need, i.e. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 20 minutes. If Butler could do this it would be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM
    I'm a new Treo user and I love Butler, but I have one issue: the alarm features are very sophisticated, except it doesn't allow me to choose the length of time to snooze. I especially like apps that put the choice right on the snooze screen so I can decide how much more time I need, i.e. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 20 minutes. If Butler could do this it would be great!
    Great idea! I think it's only 5 minutes or so by default -- I get mad when the alarm goes off again because it seems like I only went back to sleep for 30 seconds
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Make sure you "disable in Phone" in Keycaps. Play with the Keycaps setting in Keylaunch page of Butler.

I've been play around with it and still the same
    verichat still disables the led handling and I have to always go back into butler to turn off the stupid led
    I just updated to 3.0, great piece of software.

I did notice a change of behavior, however. While on an active call I used to be able to keyguard the phone by pressing the option key then power/end key while I was on an active call (so I could initiate a call, transfer it to my bluetooth headset then slip the phone in my pocket without fear of pressing any buttons). I can no longer manually set the keyguard from the dialpad (or any screen) while on an active call. It does work when Im not on an active call, however. I also noticed that keylauncher doesnt work from the dilapad while on a call (although, to be honest, I don't know if it ever did).

Was this intentional or accidental, or did I possibly inadvertantly change something while resetting my prefrences after upgrade.

Thanks again for a useful piece of software.
    Nick
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    verichat still disables the led handling and I have to always go back into butler to turn off the stupid led
    I was wondering what was causing the LED to flash forever afterreceiving a text message alert. I didn't have this probem with the previous version. Do we need to go back to the previous version of will this be fixed in Butler?
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I tried to delete Butler with Zlauncher and filez and can't! It says "database protected". So I tried to write over it with my previous version in backupman and it gives me two Butler icons. I can delete the older version but not 3.13.

Any ideas?
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Do a
    Menu -> Disable All
    before uninstalling Butler.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    I tried to delete Butler with Zlauncher and filez and can't! It says "database protected". So I tried to write over it with my previous version in backupman and it gives me two Butler icons. I can delete the older version but not 3.13.

Any ideas?
    unfortunately z-launcher doesn't follow the correct procedure when it meets a protected database (telling it). I have sent them the code to fix this - please write to them if you want to encourage them.

In the meantime, the built in app launcher will delete no-problems, as will the latest Initiate.

or you can just disable Butler first.
    Hobbyist Software
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM
    unfortunately this delay is hard coded into the attention manager. Very annoying I know.
    Hobbyist Software
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    I was wondering what was causing the LED to flash forever afterreceiving a text message alert. I didn't have this probem with the previous version. Do we need to go back to the previous version of will this be fixed in Butler?
    do you have the attention grabber set with alert sms selected?

alternatively - do you have it set with 'normal alerts' selected and your sms's are delivered as normal attention manager alerts?
    Hobbyist Software
    Quote Originally Posted by nick_l
    I just updated to 3.0, great piece of software.

I did notice a change of behavior, however. While on an active call I used to be able to keyguard the phone by pressing the option key then power/end key while I was on an active call (so I could initiate a call, transfer it to my bluetooth headset then slip the phone in my pocket without fear of pressing any buttons). I can no longer manually set the keyguard from the dialpad (or any screen) while on an active call. It does work when Im not on an active call, however. I also noticed that keylauncher doesnt work from the dilapad while on a call (although, to be honest, I don't know if it ever did).

Was this intentional or accidental, or did I possibly inadvertantly change something while resetting my prefrences after upgrade.

Thanks again for a useful piece of software.
    Nick
    accidental. Though would you mind double checking that this does happen with butler installed, and doesn't without butler.

I'll put it in my bug list, though am currently without phone connection, so it will be a few weeks...
    Hobbyist Software
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    unfortunately this delay is hard coded into the attention manager. Very annoying I know.
    Rob,
    I think this was an answer to a question other than the one you quoted.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast