1.    #1  
    Anybody else think that the speakerphone and earpiece sound quality is a little off? Kind of scratchy for me, the higher I put the volume up the worse it gets too.

I just bought the Treo 650 with Verizon Wireless. Could it be the phone or is this normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by JmakVR6
    Anybody else think that the speakerphone and earpiece sound quality is a little off? Kind of scratchy for me, the higher I put the volume up the worse it gets too.

I just bought the Treo 650 with Verizon Wireless. Could it be the phone or is this normal?
    That is a problem with the GSM version. I didn't realize the Verizon one had that problem too. If you can stick it out, it is possible that a firmware upgrade will address the issue in the future. If it is just plain irritating as I found it, then you my have to forego it for right now.
    David
  3.    #3  
    So hopefully they will come out with an update to fix this on the Verizon phones too..
    There has been a lot of discussion regarding the speakerphone and it's crappy quality. After I did the 1.28 update the quality and sound does seem to be better, but it's nothing compared to the speakerphone in my Moto v551 and previous v710. Yes, very disappointing for such an expensive phone.
    1 | 2
    Just out of curiosity, do you have brightcam installed, that causes scratchy playback in songs and with the ringer. It has done this on both mine and my friends treo650, when It is disabled and you do a soft reset, it clears it out.
  6.    #6  
    As far as I know, I do not have brightcam installed..I have not really installed anything besides Versamail ever since I got it. Its really not too bad but could be a little better..
  7.    #7  
    How will we know when an update comes out?