1. LGA
    Why would a phone with the basic, original install add up to 23Mg?

My boss has a Treo 600 that is completely full. But when you go to Delete Apps, the numbers don't add up. I compared her file list to mine, and I have much more installed, and my phone is at 1/2 the capacity of hers.

The weird thing is this is a replacement phone, and she had the same problem with her previous phone. So I am thinking it is a setting somewhere?

I don't think it's BizCon b/c my file is much larger than hers. Where would a Treo hide files?
    The Call Log has never been cleared.
  3. LGA
    Purging the call log didn't do the trick. Any other ideas?
    Have you used an app like Filez to look at the size of all the files on his treo? If you did that, you could post the results and it might help figure out what he has on there that is taking up all the room?

I cant imagine his calendar or address book having so many entries that it is taking up all the room he has but I would check that as well?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

old e-mail?
  6. LGA
    I tried FileZ, but I cannot get the memo pad to sync, so I can't post it here. There is one file Email_libr_HsMp (I didn't get the whole name) that is 19M.

Any idea what that file is? She is using that Chapura program to sync with outlook which I don't think is necessary with the newer Bizconn?
    Try Deleting the file "Blazer Cashe" and clearing the "SMS" messaging. I regualy clear these to free up space. Get Power Run or Z launcher if you are still having memory problems.
  8. LGA
    There isn't a blazer chache? I don't think she's ever gotten on the internet with the phone. I did clear the SMS log and the call log.
    Quote Originally Posted by LGA
    I tried FileZ, but I cannot get the memo pad to sync, so I can't post it here. There is one file Email_libr_HsMp (I didn't get the whole name) that is 19M.

Any idea what that file is? She is using that Chapura program to sync with outlook which I don't think is necessary with the newer Bizconn?
    How does he do his email? Are they all stored via POP on the default email program?

I looked at my file size for the file you indicated and it was only 1980k!

The biggest file on my 600 is my picture database...5101k (or 5mb)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by LGA

If she's using the native email app, there is your culprit. This has been discussed several times. The mail file gets bloated over time due to the way it handles (mishandles) attachments. Delete the email account and create a new one with the same server settings. Voila - 19M will be recovered. This needs to be done periodically - or even better, backup this empty mail account to SD and restore it when purging is again required. Don't forget to backup important emails (if you don't have it on a different device) by sending it to yourself before downloading it with the newly created account. Hope this helps.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  11. LGA
    She's using Bizcon w/ Chapura to sync with Outlook.

When you say delete the email acct - delete it on the phone side? I think the only way to do that is delete and reinstall Bizcon? Is there some other trick to it?
    This also happened to me on my Treo 600. For some reason, emails accumulate in the treo even when they are deleted (you saw this in the Email_libr_HsMp). What I did was to get Filez (free from www.nosleep.net) to keep an eye on the accumulation of email. When it got to where it was using up too much of my memory I deleted the email account and then set up the account again immediately. This freed up a huge amount of space.

The procedure that I use is:

From the main page tap on Mail
    At the top left tap on Mail, then tap on View
    Tap on Edit Accounts
    Choose an account to delete (can only do one at a time) and tap on Edit
    Copy down all of the info that is on these pages: Name, Server, Advanced
    Go back to the Edit accounts page and select Delete for that account
    Go back to Edit accounts and choose New
    Re-enter all the info that you just copied about that account
    Go to main mail page, tap on options, preference
    Set your preferences for delivery, delete, message
    Go back to Edit accounts and do this entire procedure for each email account that you have.
    Test that you did this correctly by sending emails to and from the Treo.
    Check your Email_libr_HsMp in Filez when you loose memory again and repeat the procedure.
    Depending on how much email you get you may need to do this frequently-I need to do this about every 2 weeks because I slowly loose about 3% of my memory a week due to too many emails.