1.    #1  
    When I open the contacts application there is no menu in the top left hand of the screen just a blank space.
    Tried a hard reset and installed this mornings update but it is still the same.
    We bought 3 Treo 650s and they all have the same problem.
    Is this a known issue or is there a fix?
    I don't think there is a menu there. I think it's normaly blank. It took me awhile to figure it out too. It just seems like there should be one there. The only way to get the menu's is to hit the "menu" button when you are in contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdman
    When I open the contacts application there is no menu in the top left hand of the screen just a blank space.
    Tried a hard reset and installed this mornings update but it is still the same.
    We bought 3 Treo 650s and they all have the same problem.
    Is this a known issue or is there a fix?
    It's blank, because that where letters are displayed as you're typing to search for a contact's name. You can still tap there and pull up the menu.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
  4.    #4  
    Sorry guys thats not what I am seeing.

When I go to contacts there is a gap in the top LH corner of the screen. That is where the letters appear if I type letters to begin a search. However if I tap in this area there no menu appears.

I assume there must be menues somewhere in contacts for the preferences settings and to initiate search by company, etc.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidaz
    I don't think there is a menu there. I think it's normaly blank. It took me awhile to figure it out too. It just seems like there should be one there. The only way to get the menu's is to hit the "menu" button when you are in contacts.

Where is this "menu" button you are referring to?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdman
    Where is this "menu" button you are referring to?
    to the right of the 5way nav, just above the mail/sms key(envelope)

you are right a tap in this area does nothing(left hand corner in contacts). pressing the menu button brings up the menu. pressing this button in any app will bring up a menu, if there is one. for further info you can refer to your user manual pg. 38.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by dimensiondvdrob
    You can still tap there and pull up the menu.
    Sorry 3rdman...I just tried it and tapping there does nothing. But the menu does come up when I push the menu button.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
  8.    #8  
    Thanks guys - problem solved.

I can't get used to using buttons - I prefer the stylus. I hadn't even discovered the menu button.

recently upgraded from a Tungsten W to the Treo650 and its taking longer than I thought to get used the subtle differences between the two.

Thanks again.