Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else having proboems using BT DUN with the 1.12 update? BT DUN worked fine with my Toshiba Tecra with 1.08 ROM #3 but now with the new update the computer and phone wil not communicate. I installed the newest Toshiba BT stack with no luck. Any suggestions?
    My Bluetooth "Toys"

Sprint Treo 700p
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT w/UConnect
    HP DeskJet 450wbt
    I have a problem where I have to re-pair my PC and Treo 650 every time I try BT DUN. If I don't do this, I get a security error on my PC. Not sure what is causing it.
    I am using DUN to post this after updating to 1.12. No issues here.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWC Realtor
    Anyone else having proboems using BT DUN with the 1.12 update? BT DUN worked fine with my Toshiba Tecra with 1.08 ROM #3 but now with the new update the computer and phone wil not communicate. I installed the newest Toshiba BT stack with no luck. Any suggestions?
    Did you re-pair the two devices? I had to re-pair everything (headset, GPS, laptop), and since they have all been fine. Go to bluetooth and see if your laptop is still listed under trusted devices.
  5.    #5  
    I did re-pair everything

I got it set up using the custom set up (not express everything manual. Problem is now the computer won't recognize the phone. What r u all using as your modem driver?
    My Bluetooth "Toys"

Sprint Treo 700p
    HP DeskJet 450wbt
  6.    #6  
    I FINALLY got the two to paid. Unfortunately, now I get the foloowing message in the dialup windo when its trying to connect:

"Could not detect modem. It may be in use, turned off, or not installed properly."

What is going on? I have everything set up exactly like it was when I had 1.08. Same driver and port and everything.

I think if palm is going to unlock DUN they should come up with their own modem driver to make DUN that much smoother. Anyone agree?
    My Bluetooth "Toys"

Sprint Treo 700p
    HP DeskJet 450wbt
    Can someone post intsructions on how to get the new BT DUN to work? I am using the Windows XP SP2 native BT stack on my PC (with a USB BT "stick") and when I click on the BT DUN "property" in my BT panel access from a tray icon to invoke DUN nothing happens other than another repairing between the PC and the phone. I've already turned on DUN from the phone. Any ideas would be appreciated.

TIA!
    I get the same "re-pairing" message every time I use the Bluetooth DUN as well...
    I don't have a 650 but I am wondering what exactly BT DUN does. I know that it means dial up networking but I am wondering...does this allow you to surf the web on a BT laptop wirelessly through your Treo? I would assume that the answer to that question is yes...what else does BT DUN do?
    Quote Originally Posted by snortch
    I don't have a 650 but I am wondering what exactly BT DUN does. I know that it means dial up networking but I am wondering...does this allow you to surf the web on a BT laptop wirelessly through your Treo? I would assume that the answer to that question is yes...what else does BT DUN do?
    That is exactly right. There is also an abililty to do reverse BT DUN, which allows you to surf the internet from your Treo using your connected PC. Speeds are slightly faster but if you have Sprint and therefore unlimited data, you probably are not interested in this.
    Is it possible to enable DUN through the USB/Sync cable provided with the 650's?

Regards,
    dolo
    .:Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around:.
    Since I already bought PDAnet, I'm going back to it....not worth the freakin' trouble to get the native BT DUN to work and I already own the former. Not only does BT DUN not work but it screws up my BT Hotsync! Whatever...
  13.    #13  
    Any ideas? DOn't know how but I can get the laptop to install the phone and modem but when i go to connect no luck. Sprint is of no luck as they claim that they are changing their plans to charge extra for tethering.

Half of the people their have no clue that a new firmware was released or that it included. Now I either have to go back to 1.08 or live without DUN. Could my Toshiba BT stack be the issue. I tried every version available with all similar results.
    My Bluetooth "Toys"

Sprint Treo 700p
    HP DeskJet 450wbt
  14.    #14  
    Any help here?

After much toying I have found what is oging on and it perplexes me even more.

With 1.08 and DUN hack i can connect just fine between my laptop and Treo

I then upgraded to 1.12. I kep the same setting on PC (actually kep the connection since bluetoth addy did not change). After upgrading. the two devices still talk and pair. However, the phone does not respond when the pc tries to access the modem. I get "Could not detect modem. It may be in use, turned off, or not installed properly.
    "

Do I have a dud treo? Sprint if of NO help as they do not support DUN (even though they offer it as a feature).

I am very disappointed that sprint would release a firmware and not support it properly.
    My Bluetooth "Toys"

Sprint Treo 700p
    HP DeskJet 450wbt
    Is it possible, & as anyone tried to play online poker with DUN?
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    Check out this solution from Belkin's homepage.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    No problems with BT DUN here. I simply enable DUN under Bluetooth, it disconnects me from the network, and I go into My Bluetooth Places on my laptop. I then "View devices in range", right-click on my Treo650, and click "Connect Dial-up Networking".

It works fine from there. I assume you've enabled DUN in your Bluetooth settings and paired your computer with your Treo?
  18. MKJ
    Just updated firmware and setup BT DUN to my Mac Powerbook. Followed Trevor Harmons directions at http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/ (of course with the firmware update, I skipped the section on settingup the hack). Took a little time but seems to work fine.
    it works fine, it's just an annoyance that I have to go through what is essentially a repairing step every time I dial up. My laptop is listed as a trusted device, and my 650 is trusted by my laptop. All in all though it's still good enough to make me ditch PDANet. I'd just like to not have to look at the phone to enter the passphrase.
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY
    No problems with BT DUN here. I simply enable DUN under Bluetooth, it disconnects me from the network, and I go into My Bluetooth Places on my laptop. I then "View devices in range", right-click on my Treo650, and click "Connect Dial-up Networking".

It works fine from there. I assume you've enabled DUN in your Bluetooth settings and paired your computer with your Treo?
    Same here. I seem to remember that I had to change the com port that my laptop dongle was using, or something like that.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast