Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I too have the same prob, Had no probs when using Shadow's BT DUN mod, with the update I can pair my 650 and laptop, however when it tries to dial out get a com port in use message. I have changed the com port to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA
    Photography Politics Technology Music Photoshop
    VOXEFX
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by voxefx
    I too have the same prob, Had no probs when using Shadow's BT DUN mod, with the update I can pair my 650 and laptop, however when it tries to dial out get a com port in use message. I have changed the com port to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA
    What BT stack software r u using? I am current on Toshiba 3.20.02. I tried every version available and no differences. I have no clue either what I am missing.
    My Bluetooth "Toys"

Sprint Treo 700p
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT w/UConnect
    HP DeskJet 450wbt
  3.    #23  
    I finally found the problem and a workaround. Problem ended up being a bug in the COM port auto-connect feature. When it won't connect i just have to disable and then immeadiate reenable the auto-connect feature for my Treos port and everything is fine.

Sorry for getting everyon on this. It looks like the Treo's BT DUN is optimized to work with Microsoft's BT stack on WIndows Xp whereas I am running Windows 2000 with a Toshiba BT stack.
    My Bluetooth "Toys"

Sprint Treo 700p
    HP DeskJet 450wbt
    For anyone experiencing the "com port in use message" :
    1.08 worked fine for me, then I did the update and could no longer acess the web via the 650, paring BT worked just fine, when dialing out got error 633 com port in use. The solution for me was to delete the paired BT 650 profile on my laptop, repair it with a different passkey, sucessfully pair the laptop and 650 and viola no more com port error. If this sounds like what is going on with your DUN attempts and you need more info, let me know. As an aside the treo650 BT headphone nows works 100%, the redial feature finally works. I am whole once again :-)
    Photography Politics Technology Music Photoshop
    VOXEFX
    Quote Originally Posted by PWC Realtor
    I finally found the problem and a workaround. Problem ended up being a bug in the COM port auto-connect feature. When it won't connect i just have to disable and then immeadiate reenable the auto-connect feature for my Treos port and everything is fine.

Sorry for getting everyon on this. It looks like the Treo's BT DUN is optimized to work with Microsoft's BT stack on WIndows Xp whereas I am running Windows 2000 with a Toshiba BT stack.
    Thank you, thank you, thanks you! I have been having problems getting BT Hotsync to work and this simple fix solved my problem...I can't believe I never thought of that.

Now if you could figure out why I can't add an "out going" COM port to configure native BT DUN that the new ROM enables!!!!! And the thing is, PDAnet does not even work for me anymore do to COM port wierdness.
    Sorry to be dense, but where are you finding this auto-connect feature for the COM port? On my PC I'm looking under My Computer-> Hardware-> Device Manager -> Ports (COM & LPT). When I right-click on the COM port being used by my bluetooth to attempt to establish DUN, I don't see any options related to auto-connect.

I have a Toshiba tablet (M200) and thought perhaps my problems getting BT DUN to work would be related to yours.

Thanks...
    As a follow-up to my last message, I was able to get the BT DUN to work without any problem on an older Dell laptop running XP-Pro. Just can't get it to work on a Toshiba M200 (tablet).
    Took me a couple of times to get the two to accept the pair, but I'm postin this via DUN. Good to know that it's working. I'd have to say it's much less of a hassle this way. With the patch I find that it took too long to re-enable my connection after.

WOOT! DUN!
    AIM: irksome234 MSN: lannie[at]gmail.com
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by love2lindy
    As a follow-up to my last message, I was able to get the BT DUN to work without any problem on an older Dell laptop running XP-Pro. Just can't get it to work on a Toshiba M200 (tablet).
    Maybe it has something to do with the Toshiba BT hardware. I am using a Tecra 9100 and have a problem. I'm thinking about buying an Acer tablet PC to upgrae and see if that works (was gonna buy a Toshiba tablet but after your post not sure).
    My Bluetooth "Toys"

Sprint Treo 700p
    HP DeskJet 450wbt
    PWC Realtor, I don't have BT installed on the Toshiba however I am using a Toshiba BT SD card. But I'm getting tired of fiddling with it... PDA-net with BT works just fine on the Toshiba.

Speaking of tablets, this is my second Toshiba tablet (first 3500, now upgraded to the M200). I didn't think the Acer's looked very solidly built. The Toshiba tablets are amazing!
    I have a dell latitude d800 laptop with built-in bluetooth 300. Every time I use BT DUN I have to repair my Treo 650 and my laptop.

I tried using the Dell Bluetooth stack and the generic Microsoft version.

The devices are already paired, but for some reason the DUN requires a re-pairing.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWC Realtor
    I wouldn't say it's "optimized" to work with Microsoft's BT stack. it's working just fine for me on my 15" Powerbook running OS X.4 Tiger. Getting around 80/60 kbps, which isn't outstanding, but not terrible either.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I haven't experienced any of the problems listed in this thread, however, I cannot keep a connection for longer than one minute. I have disabled any programs that might be disconnecting. While connected I can ping sites and open websites, so I don't think it is an idle disconnect.

Lemme ask a silly question..do I need to enable or disable "prompt for name and password" in the BT connection properties for the BT dialer? I figure the phone will authenticate with it's own credentials. I've tried it both ways with the same result.
    Casio A10 -> Casio E100 -> IPAQ 3600 -> IPAQ h1910 -> Treo 650 Sprint

www.techyrants.com
    Well, I finally downloaded firmware 1.12 and started using BT DUN for the first time ever right now. This post is on BT DUN, and I have to say that this is great !!!!!! I love this, I'm getting speeds of 115.2 kbps. The only problem I had was not knowing the # to dial, and the username and password, till I found out that I was putting in the wrong info. After entering the right info, no problem.... I love this site and all the info this site offers to new commers like myself. Sorry for rambling and all, but this is so awsome.... B
    Quote Originally Posted by voxefx
    For anyone experiencing the "com port in use message" :
    1.08 worked fine for me, then I did the update and could no longer acess the web via the 650, paring BT worked just fine, when dialing out got error 633 com port in use. The solution for me was to delete the paired BT 650 profile on my laptop, repair it with a different passkey, sucessfully pair the laptop and 650 and viola no more com port error. If this sounds like what is going on with your DUN attempts and you need more info, let me know. As an aside the treo650 BT headphone nows works 100%, the redial feature finally works. I am whole once again :-)
    I want to thank you for this posting. I had spent about 3 hours trying to get DUN to work with my laptop. It hadn't occurred to me to delete everything and start over, but it worked. Thanks!
    I am also having problems with my BT DUN with my Toshiba laptop Tecra M3.
    I have tried removing and starting over, but same port in use error.

Problem ended up being a bug in the COM port auto-connect feature. When it won't connect i just have to disable and then immeadiate reenable the auto-connect feature for my Treos port and everything is fine.
    Also can't find the auto-connect feature....help!
    Quote Originally Posted by fxdup
    I am also having problems with my BT DUN with my Toshiba laptop Tecra M3.
    I have tried removing and starting over, but same port in use error.

Also can't find the auto-connect feature....help!
    I can't find thie auto-connect feature either...help please!
  18.    #38  
    I ended up replacing my toshiba with an IBM thinkpad. the IBM integrated BT uses the WIDCOM BT stack which does reliably works with the 650 DUN.
    any toshiba laptop owners want to shed some light on how to get it to work?

i was able to find the auto-connect check box when I reinstalled the toshiba stack which gave me "bluetooth manager", but now I have trouble getting the devices to pair, whereas with the MS Stack "bluetooth devices" I can get them to pair but i get the "open port" error. I occasionally will be able to get them to pair for file transfer, but nothing else...

my issue might be related to the MS BT stack that comes with XP SP2 as well...
    Last edited by fxdup; 08/12/2005 at 03:32 PM.
    By the way, I have a dell D610 with the Toshiba BT stack and having this problem.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast