1.    #1  
    I have a TREO 650, regularly sync, don't know what I'd use a card reader for? Why do people buy them? Also, if I get a new SD card, can I sync the computer to the SD card (I just started using zlauncher, if that's relevant)?
    Using a card reader is much quicker than hotsyncing some thing over to the treo. If you listen to mp3's and you like to listen to different ones occasionally, then I would get one. Also, putting large movie files is much better with a card reader.

Fry's electronics has a 12 in 1 card reader for like....$4.99 (no rebate needed.)
  3.    #3  
    how does a card-reader work? can it save contents of a sd card standalone (without being attached to a computer) and then restore contents to a card and then from card to Treo?
  4. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC VZ guy
    how does a card-reader work? can it save contents of a sd card standalone (without being attached to a computer) and then restore contents to a card and then from card to Treo?
    Card readers use a USB connection to your computer. You simply plug the reader into the USB port and pop your card into the reader. The card will show up as a drive on your computer. You can then drag and drop files directly to the card.
    They are also useful for downloading images from a digital camera.

I got an 8-1 card reader for under $40. It reads SD, Memory Stick, CF etc.

I use it for all sort of stuff inlcuding the Treo.