1.    #1  
    I regularly sync my Treo 650. I know there must be some benefit to using Backup Man or Backup Buddy or other that syncing doesn't provide, but can't figure out what? Please advise what I'm missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC VZ guy
    I regularly sync my Treo 650. I know there must be some benefit to using Backup Man or Backup Buddy or other that syncing doesn't provide, but can't figure out what? Please advise what I'm missing.
    Some things like registrations for programs usually won't get backed up just from hotsyncing.

Plus, if you arent near the computer you hotsync with and have to hard reset...your screwed.
    t2... what do you suggest as the best backup utility.

TIA

Pamela
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    t2... what do you suggest as the best backup utility.

TIA

Pamela
    Pamela...take a look at this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...backup+utility

Here are just a couple of programs: CardBackup, Backupman and Backupbuddy.

I still have my 600 and have never needed to use a back up program. Knock on wood
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC VZ guy
    If you're on the road away from your PC, such as travelling for business or vacation, and you suffer a hard reset, then you'll have to wait till you get back to your PC to sync to restore your data. Instead, get BB VFS and restore from your SD card when on the road. When I'm at my PC I hotsync so I always have another backup on my PC.
    I'm currently using the Red Feline Backup, which is a freeware

Click here for details
    backup/restore on the fly maybe ???
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I have been trying out, and just bought an awesome backup program which is not mentioned here. I think it is the only backup application which does verification of the data after you have backed it up! That way you can test out to make sure if your backup is current, and has all good data, without actually resetting your device! This, for me, is an indespensible feature. Also, the backup format is compressed, but it is an open format. It uses zip files to make the backups, so that way you could open the files on your PC if you wanted to.

On top of being a backup program, it is also a file explorer with built in zip browsing and unzipping capability. It works similar to Windows XP, where all the zip files show up like folders and can be interacted with just like folders. What is this great program you ask? It's called Resco Explorer.

http://www.resco.net/palm/explorer/

No, I don't work for the company, I just discovered the program recently, and think that it rocks! Anyone know of any other backup programs which also do verification of the backup to compare the files data between your files in RAM and the back up? You can even do verification at a later time, just so you can see which files have been modified on your palm, since the last backup!

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
  9. GXT
    Try TealBackup. Works great for me.