I've been searching for a while and have yet to find anything written about what's new/changed in this version.

[edit] Found some information on MTDN.
    Just installed 3.0

Looking good.
    It's working great for me as well. I can't figure out how to get the LED override to work though. I set a time frame for the override to be enabled and set LED status for 'charging' and 'charged' to 'Off' during that period but it doesn't seem to do anything. Otherwise, the improvements are good.
    Not Much New.....
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Looks like the LED is finally stable for me. It used to just stop or give me the "blink of death" where it would blink real real fast. Hope it stays this way.

Joe
    Update:

Not sure if this can be traced back to Butler or not. But immediately after installing the new version of Butler I did a soft reset. After the reset all of my saved preferences were gone. Not just the settings for Butler (I disabled all before installing the new version) but for everything else as well. Every registered application was back in trial mode. I tried a restore but it wouldn't work properly.

I hard reset and then restored and all was back to normal. I haven't reinstalled 3.0 since though.
  7.    #8  
    Similar reports on MTDN.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Update:

Not sure if this can be traced back to Butler or not. But immediately after installing the new version of Butler I did a soft reset. After the reset all of my saved preferences were gone. Not just the settings for Butler (I disabled all before installing the new version) but for everything else as well. Every registered application was back in trial mode. I tried a restore but it wouldn't work properly.

I hard reset and then restored and all was back to normal. I haven't reinstalled 3.0 since though.
    I've had this happen to me several times; whilst accessing various programs. Versamail and BackupMan spring to mind.....
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I've had this happen to me several times; whilst accessing various programs. Versamail and BackupMan spring to mind.....
    Personally I don't use either program.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Ok, but the point I was trying to make is that I don't think that it is necessarily caused by a single programme...
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Hi! I'd sure appreciate some help. I'm starting a new health regimen (honest) and I'm looking for an app that will let me keep track of six or seven tasks/activities that I will do on a recurring basis - some daily, some on designated days, some at various times throughout the week. Ideally, I'd love to have a screen that I could pull up on any given day and see how many of the items I had completed - asses my progress. Is Butler the best program for this? Originally, I was thinking that one of the fitness programs might be best as they allow you to track various different kinds of exercise, supplement consumption and diet. Any ideas? I'd be grateful for any guidance. Thanks.
    Datebk5 will be ideal. You can define various repeating schedules (as tasks, with alarms, icons) and define views that will display only certain items (assign these to a category "Fitness" and display only those items.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Thanks for the tip! Jim
  14.    #15  
    Finally got a chance to play with it a little. No prefs issues with me (600/CDMA). Nice improvements.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Update:

Any further info on this much appreciated. I can't replicate it - but it's clear that at least a few people have had the problem. Info on when it happens and whether Butler is definitely the cause much appreciated.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre