Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Just wondering, why wasn't the bluetooth stack address in this update for using voice dialing like other bluetooth phones. Is that not a firmware issue, but a seperate programming issue?? Be nice if they addressed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    In case you're interested, they just posted the Rogers GSM update this afternoon.
    That's the one I used...sorry, should have clarified.
    my phone resets when using blazer with fw 1.28 and trying to load pages....not all the time but i can reproduce it 1 out of 5 times now.....

this is after a hard reset.
    Upgraded my unlocked Cingular 650 from 1.21ROW beta tonight. I used the Alternative method, creating a dummy user for the upgrade process. Everything went great with one minor hiccup...

After restoring everything under my regular username, I found that my Calendar DB was completely empty. I'm not sure if this was due to a hiccup in BackupBuddy's full restore process, but BackupBuddy made it a piece of cake to select and restore that one database on a subsequent hotsync, and now everything appears to be back to normal (though on the updated sw/fw, of course).

Oh, one other caveat that I didn't see mentioned anywhere in this thread: If you're running ChatterEmail, you should upgrade to at least 1.0.7rc1 before upgrading, as earlier versions have issues with the newer firmware. This is discussed in the ChatterEmail forums.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    I installed it on my Rogers phone. After 1 failed attempt I got it to work....

Speaker phone is MUCH louder. Actually usable now.
    Didn't notice a huge improvement in the regular phone ear piece
    Memory went from 4MB free to 11 MB free.

My comments:

The method they tell you to update with is a little flawed. They say you have to have 15 MB free...which is a little off - you need almost 16. The problem is the only way to free up that much memory is to delete almost ALL your programs. So you do that - THEN it wants to hotsynch to back up before updating. The problem is that it's backing up your stripped down Treo...not the fully loaded Treo you had before you started deleting stuff to free up memory to do the update.

Fortunately, I had the common sense to back up the Treo Folder on my PC before doing this. I did the update...and then copied the foler back over before doing my restore synch. Doing that put my phone back to normal.

The first time I tried the update...it froze my computer and my Treo. So I rebooted both and the second attempt went fine.

The only wierd thing I have noticed is that when I look at my App Info: Versamail 3.0C is listed 2 times. One of them is 672K, the other is 13K. Don't really care because I use Snapper...but this is weird.

Other than that...I am happy the update FINALLY came out.
    this was cool of p1...on their website they post a method if you dont have 15MB free...

Also didnt i read that rogers wireless like with the 600 is using the ROW firmware?
    I run the update and I agree to what you all sad (from 5.5 to 10.2 free memory, better audio quality but no louder volume).
    I had an issue wile using messaging: I was just navigating trought messages and my Treo start behaving very slow. Alfter one or two minutes (spent tryng to move from sent to inbox ) it performed an autoreset. I happens 2 times few ours after the update. During the second one I tried to call my self, that call was lost.
    Did any of you face the same problem?

The rest seems to be very good and stable!!

Ciao.
    I updated my Unlocked GSM to the new firmware with no issues. I was hoping the update corrected the bluetooth problem with the Infiniti Ms, but it didn't. Then I find out that the new Sprint update, does give them the new bluetooth update that makes the sprint 650 now compatible....what the hell is up with that, why should they get a new bluetooth patch and we don't?

Scott
    Has anyone posted the files within the archives that Palm posted? I don't use Windows or Mac, so I can't get to either set of files to put on my SD card to do an SD update as documented earlier in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Has anyone posted the files within the archives that Palm posted? I don't use Windows or Mac, so I can't get to either set of files to put on my SD card to do an SD update as documented earlier in this thread.
    I haven 't been able to locate an unzip utility for Palm, but since you have your own web server (presuming Linux), nothing would stop you from using wget or curl to retrieve the ZIP archive there, unzip it, and sit the 44 somewhere you could then retrieve on your device. Save them to RAM, and then run the device customizer. Tedious perhaps, but it should work.

I wonder why palm didn't do customers a huge favor and just make this available as a .PSI
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    Oh, one other caveat that I didn't see mentioned anywhere in this thread: If you're running ChatterEmail, you should upgrade to at least 1.0.7rc1 before upgrading, as earlier versions have issues with the newer firmware. This is discussed in the ChatterEmail forums.
    but not doing so wouldn't jeopardize your upgrade, certainly. I was on 1.0.7b1 when I first upgraded and didn't notice any problems. YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    If you are posting that you upgrade went successfully please include what kind of phone you are using.

I have a CIngular GSM phone unlocked that is running 1.23ROW code and would love to hear from someone that has a similar setup and upgraded successfully.

I would like to hear about unsuccessful upgrades too, but you would get my sympathy.
    I just updated for a Rogers GSM. The instructions were not exactly as what happened, but luckily, it worked. I seem to have increased my memory by about 2.5M

There was some confusion in Syncing with Outlook, so I had to guess what to do.
    I was actually having trouble unsitting the files, so I dusted off and fired up vmware to boot 2k in it's virtual environment and ran the installer. When it asked me to plug in, I did a find and copied the 44 files where I can get to them to move them to the device.

I think if Cingular doesn't release in a few days I will put the files in Palm ram and go with it. (Following the other Cingular thread with intermediate FW and all..)
    Agendus. Vivid Agendus settings are preserved after a soft reset.

Undupe still causes major slowdowns after running an exhaustive search and remove.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I see a couple of references to an SD updater. Will there be one? Official or not?

I only have 14Mb memory, without deleting stuff that I'd really rather not fiddle with while it's working OK, and I'm not sure my nerves would stand up to relying too much on a full hotsync restore, but I have a 1Gb SD card which it seems a shame not to be able to utilise.
    I ran the update fine. My Treo displays my Software as 1.13 but the Firmware field is blank as is the SA Number field. What gives?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyK
    I ran the update fine. My Treo displays my Software as 1.13 but the Firmware field is blank as is the SA Number field. What gives?
    Turn the radio on...

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    I see a couple of references to an SD updater. Will there be one? Official or not?

I only have 14Mb memory, without deleting stuff that I'd really rather not fiddle with while it's working OK, and I'm not sure my nerves would stand up to relying too much on a full hotsync restore, but I have a 1Gb SD card which it seems a shame not to be able to utilise.
    I used backupman, backed up just before updating, then did a full restore instead of a hotsync to put all the apps and data back. Worked without any problems. The advantage of this approach is that you don't have to re-enter all the settings and passwords for the apps.
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    I been doing some consulting for Palm and received (last December ) an unlocked GSM 650 to test. The strange thing is that it has a Cingular splash screen, so I'm guessing it was a locked Cingular phone that was unlocked by Palm back in December. But don't know that for sure.

I gather it's indeed unlocked as I used it in India on the Airtel network. I've not tried any other networks except for Cingular, which I use now.

I'd of course like to do this firmware upgrade. However, here is my phone info:

Firmware: 01.00 (yes, 1.00)
    Software: Treo6xx-/78/B01.00-1 (yes 6xx)
    Hardware: C2

[No firmware is visibile without my Cingular card in it.]

Any idea if I can just do the final firmware update, or must I do a preliminary one?

Further problem: This is really my back-up Treo. I'm a Sprint user. So, in fact, I've never synced the GSM one. [I used ChangeName to give it a user name and then did a restore from my Sprint SD card. Much did not restore properly, but between card exchange and beaming, it's working. Well, so surprise, it actually crashes a lot!!]

So, I'd like to do the firmward update via an SD card. I gather that was possible with 1.08 on Sprint (I did not read this carefully, as I just used the hot sync method.) I gather this is not possible, yet, right?

If need be, I could used another computer do upgrade my GSM model, but I'd rather not. I actually don't even have the GSM CD, only the Sprint one.

Thanks.
    mgabel_pi
    Quote Originally Posted by mgabel_pi
    Firmware: 01.00 (yes, 1.00)
    Software: Treo6xx-/78/B01.00-1 (yes 6xx)
    Hardware: C2...
    Assuming you know what you are doing, I would suggest updating to 1.23beta, which seems to work on any GSM phone regardless of carrier, and the upgrade to 1.28, which will work once you have 1.28. You can try installing 1.28 first to see if it works, but having the Cingular splash screen suggests it wont. Either way, you will get 1.28.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Thanks for the fast reply, Zboater. I gather trying 1.28 first on a "Cingular" phone either does nothing (like it just won't install or gives an error message and aborts or something), or, just works. And, to be clear, at the moment this is only done via a hot sync, I gather.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast