Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    To all those upgrading from 1.23 to 1.28, what differences aside from more memory are you guys noticing? I'm debating whether to do the update since I have a custom ROM which saves me about 3 megs of space anyway.

Thanks.
    how about going from 1.23 to 1.28
    large web pages don't run out of memory now!

downloading is smoother now....my latency from dslreports has taken a large large drop...
    doesn't have that hang anymore when opening a page...
    granted the hang i thought was from tmobile and their lack of edge...but this is much much smoother and seems faster(although it is only faster from the more consistent download now)
    Quote Originally Posted by contempt
    To all those upgrading from 1.23 to 1.28, what differences aside from more memory are you guys noticing? I'm debating whether to do the update since I have a custom ROM which saves me about 3 megs of space anyway.

Thanks.
    The volume is much better on the new firmware.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeBitObsessed
    The volume is much better on the new firmware.
    I didn't notice this so much with the earpiece and BT... but I definitely noticed a speakerphone improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by madcap
    how about going from 1.23 to 1.28
    large web pages don't run out of memory now!
    This may have to do with the apparent increase in dynamic cache from 5 to 7MB.
    I noticed a volume improvement too when going from 1.23 to 1.28.

Let's get ahold of the SD version of 1.28 and see if it can be customized.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian0
    You has a branded TIM version ?
    Or unbranded ?

thanks
    Adrian0
    PalmOne with vodafoneIT
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    It seems to me that the silent notification is stronger now. I'm not sure it that's even possible since it seems to be a pretty mechanical sort of thing but it sure seems stronger.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Saw one strange thing. The hotsync log showed the following:
    - Already exists: D:\Palm\WiederS\backup\ConnectionMgr50DB.PDB
    That's normal.

-SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
    Just upgraded my unbranded 'blue' 650 (unlocked by Cingular) with no problems. Had the unofficial 1.23, did a hard reset, ran the update. So far, so good.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Where are u guys seeing the increase in dynamic cache? Memoryinfo is still reporting 5.4 megs of dynamic heap and 11.8 megs of nvfs cache. This is the same as when I had fw 1.23.
    Unlocked gsm, now running 1.28
    Last edited by LewisL77; 06/17/2005 at 02:41 PM.
    I have cingular version - unlocked right now with firmware 1.04 - Should I just wait for an official Cingular release as I am in no hurry to upgrade? The only thing I want is better speaker volume from the speakerphone. Please advise.
    Hey Swieder,

I also have a Cingular branded phone that has been subsidy code unlocked. I am tired of waiting for the Cingular ROM update and have read of other users upgrading to the pre released ROM's like yourself. So let's flip a coin. Heads I go first, Tails it's you :-)

MM
    Cingular Treo 650 (Unlocked?!?)
    Firmware 01.51 Software Treo650-1.17-CNG H/W A
    Treo Wireless Headset - Apple Ti15 OSX 10.3.9
    Palm VII -> Motorola StarTAC -> Treo 600
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    If you want the customization that the carrier provides (like Xpressmail from Cingular), use that particular firmware.

I remember reading earlier that if you flash, you'll need to re-enter the unlock code to re-unlock the unit.

I could be totally wrong!!
    I bought my 560 from Cingular - so it's GSM and it WAS Cingular branded. I unlocked myself using the code I got thru Cingular (based on my IMEI number)

Today I ran this update to get me from firmware 1.05 to 1.23 then 1.28:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=87669

It works great! I did not have to re-unlock my phone at any point. It stayed unlocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxo72
    PalmOne with vodafoneIT
    And what happens when install the (unlock?) upgrade firmware version ?
    It erase all the vodafoneIT settings ?

thanks
    Adrian0
    i knew that this would happen...i leave ottawa to go home to montreal thursday after work only to find out the update is out...oh well at least i got to fly a bombardier learjet today
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    Can anyone silence an incoming phone call with and of the side buttons...mine doesn't but I am using Ringo so no sure if that is the culprit...
    Sure enough, this bug is STILL present. The very first thing I did after updating (haven't installed anything yet) is call my treo and try to silence the ringer with the volume rocker. No luck - still have to use the calendar or messaging button, which is *unacceptable* since I have to pull the phone out of my pocket and look at which button I'm pressing so I don't accidentally hit answer or ignore. By that time I've successfully annoyed myself and everyone around me.

(And there's nothing I can do about it except ***** on public forums, since my emails never make it to actual techs @ palm)

What a joke. I'm so tired of the lack of attention to detail in the 650 that *every* other treo had. (How about that wonderful phone pad bitmap placement when you have "show calendar events" turned on in the phone app? That one is still there, too!) If I wanted this level of polish I'd get a wince phone.
    Updated my unlocked 650, using missing sync, no problems whatsoever. I used the 'alternative' method outlined by palm.

TM
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian0
    And what happens when install the (unlock?) upgrade firmware version ?
    It erase all the vodafoneIT settings ?

thanks
    Adrian0
    I have used backupman 1.54 to make a full backup of the phone on the SD card.
    Then I 1) did a hard reset, 2) created a dummy user name 3) deleted the real username from the desktop and 4) installed the upgrade on the phone (via hotsync, with the dummy user name).
    Restoring from the card, then hotsyncing, restored everything, included the real user name (that was stored on the card during backup), so that I could finally delete the fake user name from the desktop.
    The logic here is that a SD card backup has always used to be far more complete and suitable than the standard backup, created by the hotsync.

PS: yes, unbranded, unlocked. I didnt notice any change in the vodafone settings, but they are not stored on the phone, I guess.
    Last edited by Abraxo72; 06/17/2005 at 07:15 PM. Reason: didnt answer yet
    Updated using the alt method. Worked fine.

However, looking at the list of improvements, we are still one upgrade behind Sprint phones.

The unlocked people are the ones paying the most for their phones but we get second shot at the upgrades. What's that about P1.