Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Hey guys, THe Sprint update says Versamail is updated to version 3.1, my GSM Cingular one with the new update only has version 3.0 can you guys confirm? Thanks

EDIT: AvantGo is MUCH MUCH FASTER, I have Wired Magazine on it, and Saved to the SD Card, I had 1.23 beta with cingular 1.04 software and, loading Top Stories in Wired took a LONG TIME, now with this new update, it's lighting quick, no delay at all, guess that VFS fix is great

EDIT: gmail NEVER worked for me when i had 1.23 with cingular 1.04 with Versamail. It now works flawlessly!
    Last edited by nXt; 06/17/2005 at 06:23 AM.
    v3.0Ag5 dated 11/15/2004 on my ATTWS
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    What are the advantages of restoring via BackupMan vs. Hotsync? I have BBVFS which would be route if I avoid using HotSync/

I use BB, hotsyncing also put back the updater itself afterwards. I manually deleted all Treo650 files, but there must have been more, every restart gave me an error. Did a hard reset and restored my last night backp (backupman) .

Everything ok now.
    A word of warning about the first post-update sync for Mac users using Microsoft Entourage!

I have just lost all my Contacts and Calendar info because the default setting for the Microsoft Entourage conduit is to Synchronize between Entourage and Handheld. For some reason this caused all my data to be deleted.

I can only imagine that the conduit looked at the fact that there was no data on the handheld and decided that I must have deleted everything, so it went ahead and deleted it all from the Entourage database. Not the behaviour I would have expected at all.

Unfortunately I hadn't backed up the Office 2004 Identities folder before performing the update as I have never had this problem before, so I don't have a very recent backup. I would suggest the following two steps are ESSENTIAL for people using Entourage:

1. Backup your Office 2004 Identities folder before you do anything.

2. Make sure that the conduit is set to Entourage overwrites Handheld for the first post-update sync.
    Last edited by ncollingridge; 06/17/2005 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Corrected two words
    hi there,
    can someone confirm that this update works with a european (mutlilanguage) treo and qwertz keyboard to?
    or is this the US/world release and we have to wait?

no news on the german palmone-website i.e.
    i am unsure if i should risk the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by drntreo2
    hi there,
    can someone confirm that this update works with a european (mutlilanguage) treo and qwertz keyboard to?

Confirmed.
    cool! that is good news...
    so i will try tonight... cant wait to get home from work!
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Can anyone silence an incoming phone call with and of the side buttons...mine doesn't but I am using Ringo so no sure if that is the culprit...

let me know

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by drntreo2
    hi there,

I did the upgrade in italian, (no news on the italian website either), and german is present in the flash rom, although I didnt install it.
    qwerty keyboard here.
    I'm running a Cingular blue Treo 650 (AT&T).
    Did first an upgrade to FW 1.15.
    And now upgraded to 1.28 / 1.13-ROW using German language.
    Running on Swiss provider Sunrise.
    Everything works fine !
    I still can not get the damn thing to download -- same weird routing after I click on the "Agree" button in the EULA screen. I am getting frustrated...
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxo72
    I did the upgrade in italian, (no news on the italian website either), and german is present in the flash rom, although I didnt install it.
    qwerty keyboard here.
    You has a branded TIM version ?
    Or unbranded ?

thanks
    Adrian0
    Try from another download site. I downloaded it from the Singapore site.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    Can anyone silence an incoming phone call with and of the side buttons...mine doesn't but I am using Ringo so no sure if that is the culprit...
    Oh that's ripe. Months and months of reporting this bug and the damn p1 support staff refused to deliver the info to the people who can fix it, instead replying with the standard cut-and-paste "reset your device".

I haven't updated my 650 yet (will be tonight) and if this bug didn't get fixed, they'll be getting a phone call.

(Does anyone here have access to actual developers at palm who will listen to legit bug reports? It would be nice if, you know, we could submit bugs and stuff.)
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    ...I was running at just shy of 16MB free RAM before upgarde, and now (with same data) have nearly 17MB. I should also note that I was running firmware 1.21 (1.06ROW), so there seems to have been additional memory improvement since the beta releases! Nice....
    Probably not. There is always memory to be gained from doing a hard reset and restoring. A lot of temp files get deleted. The file system improvements in 1.21 and 1.28 seem to be the same.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LMBvideography
    I have a cingular locked treo running FW 1.23 adn was wondering if this update will work on my treo. Thanks a lot in advance.
    Yes it will.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    If I have an unlocked phone with CNB firware now, but am using it with a TMobile SIM, can I load this update without any problems???
    Carl
    Mine updated no problems whatsoever. (unlocked GSM)

Biggest benefit?

Tom Tom v5 doesn't lose it's map activation any more when it is reset!
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    My update from fw1.23 for my unlocked GSM (ROW) went on fine. A bit RAM gained, but not much.

Possible cause of gained RAM (from my Hotsync-log):
    -- Media
    - Local category 'Mine RAM bilder' has been deleted.
    OK Media with 1 message(s)
    Now my pictures in RAM can be located with FileZ 6.7 Beta (the version modified for Treo), but it is not possible to restore the database (at least I don't know how..)
    The pictures can be located in the "BUILTIN" directory. The links to this pictures from my contacts database is also functional, but I am not able to view, copy, move... this files.

When updateing to 1.23 the same thing happend, but that time I was able to restore the pictures in PalmDesktop/Media. This time the DB seems deleted :|

If anyohe has experienced the same thing as me, and know of a workaround, fix... pls post it :|

And than to the advice:
    Before updating FW - open Media app on your Treo - select all pictures and albums in RAM, and choose "Copy to card" from the menu.
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Databk5 is running fine for me with the new FW. I have V-5.4a, s4 of Datebk5
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast