Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Sorry. Mine is a GSM unlocked! Volume increased!
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I'm at work still and don't have the charging cable. If I remember correctly the T600 updater wouldn't work if you were on battery power only. Has any one else tried on battery power only?
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    It would be nice if Cingular would communicate with us somehow and let us know what is going on. Like a date for the update on Palm's site. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    True. Although its a matter of days (hours?) before someone hacks this update, puts in on an SD card and makes it work on any GSM phone... we can hope.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    No problems with the upgrade for my unlocked Australian GSM
    AUSPUG Melbourne Co-Ordinator
    Visit us at...
    Australian Palm Users Group
    My Treo was originally locked to a specific carrier. It was legitimately unlocked. Which upgrade do I use? The one for my carrier or the one for the unlocked GSM model? Instructions on the Palm site are very specific to say use the carrier specific upgrade unless the phone was purchased as unlocked. It doesn't appear to deal with a phone that was locked but is now unlocked.
    If you want the customization that the carrier provides (like Xpressmail from Cingular), use that particular firmware.

I remember reading earlier that if you flash, you'll need to re-enter the unlock code to re-unlock the unit.

I could be totally wrong!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I did an "upgrade" to 1.13 on a CINGULAR LOCKED one that I previously had running .123 and 1.21

so far so good

/v
    I have read that you cannot use the ROW firmware on a Cingular phone using Cingular firmware, even if it has been unlocked. I think it might work if you go to 1.23 first, and then do the ROW update. That is, since it is already unlocked.
    I should add that I still have the same error before when sending sms messages - phone crashes #*377 tells me this

A reset was caused on date and time while running Messaging
    ../Src/MessageStore.c, Line: 1297, MessageStoreOpenItem: item open already
    I just upgraded my unlocked GSM using the updater and then restored my device with BackupMan. Everything seems fine. Phone info now says Firmware 1.28 and Software version 1.13. Now let's hope someone releases an SD updater so I can make my own custom ROM...
    What are the advantages of restoring via BackupMan vs. Hotsync? I have BBVFS which would be route if I avoid using HotSync/
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    True. Although its a matter of days (hours?) before someone hacks this update, puts in on an SD card and makes it work on any GSM phone... we can hope.
    The easy was is to update to one of the generic GSM updates, then apply the released update...worked for me..I got sick and tired of waiting. Took a little longer becuase I had to do 2 updates, but I now have the released version on my phone.

rob
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    I have read that you cannot use the ROW firmware on a Cingular phone using Cingular firmware, even if it has been unlocked. I think it might work if you go to 1.23 first, and then do the ROW update. That is, since it is already unlocked.
    thats correct and yes it does
  15. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I have a Cingular phone that I previously upgraded to ROW 1.23. The phone is still locked to Cingular. Will the 1.28 upgrade work?
    Unlocked GSM (ROW) phone here. I had 1.23 firmware before and I had no trouble upgrading the offical 1.15 (1.28 firmware) update.
    I THINK the volume is louder, having a hard time remembering what it sounded like in a quiet room before the update.
    Last edited by taylorh; 06/16/2005 at 10:07 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Started with a Cingular unlocked (officially by Cingular) phone running the unofficial 1.23ROW code. Update is done. Seems to have gone fine. Update is complete and now I am restoring my data and 3rd party apps.

I also use the hard reset/new user id approach since I only had 13M free before starting the upgrade. Phone was kept off after the initial hard reset.

Saw one strange thing. The hotsync log showed the following:
    - Already exists: D:\Palm\WiederS\backup\ConnectionMgr50DB.PDB

and at the end
    - Installed file: D:\Palm\WiederS\backup\ZL_PluginPrefsDB.PDB
    Restore synchronization failed

Sync'd again and it looks fine now.

I gained .5M of free RAM. Whoppee.
    Last edited by swieder; 06/16/2005 at 10:07 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Upgrade done, all is well, more volume, clearer quality. Way to go PalmOne...what I have been waiting for!
    Just installed the new firmware on my GSM treo 650. Everything seems to be going great. For some reason, i cant tell if the volume did get any louder. (in quiet room cant tell much).

This firmware seems like its very stable and i hope no one gets crazy resets..... (hope im not a victim T_T)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Saw one strange thing. The hotsync log showed the following:
    - Already exists: D:\Palm\WiederS\backup\ConnectionMgr50DB.PDB

and at the end
    - Installed file: D:\Palm\WiederS\backup\ZL_PluginPrefsDB.PDB
    Restore synchronization failed

Sync'd again and it looks fine now.
    I saw the exact same thing. I'm assuming this is nothing to worry about as it's trying to restore an older backed up file over one already in RAM after the hard reset. I could be wrong, but I think ConnectionMgr50DB.PDB is the hotysnc app.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast