Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 225
  1. #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgabel_pi
    Thanks for the fast reply, Zboater. I gather trying 1.28 first on a "Cingular" phone either does nothing (like it just won't install or gives an error message and aborts or something), or, just works. And, to be clear, at the moment this is only done via a hot sync, I gather.
    Yup, you are correct. I did see, however, someone post an SD card update file for 1.28 in one the the 1.28 threads.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  2. #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgabel_pi
    Firmware: 01.00 (yes, 1.00)
    Software: Treo6xx-/78/B01.00-1 (yes 6xx)
    Hardware: C2

    [No firmware is visibile without my Cingular card in it.]
    By Cingulard card, you mean SIM? Yes, if you don't have a SIM install and the radio turned on, the phone info is blank. Based on your "Software" string, your ROM code appears to be unbranded. You can probably install 1.28 directly. If it rejects this -- which is what will happen if it compares and doesn't like it -- then you could just install 1.21 or 1.23 and go from there. I've even read of people jumping from 1.15.
  3. #183  
    Yes, Cingular card = SIM card. Anyone know the location at treocentral discussions for that SD card update for 1.28?
  4. #184  
    I also saw on one of the 1.28 threads that someone made a SD install. I went back a few hours later to look for it and download it and could not find it. I scoured all the 1.28 threads with no luck I wonder if it was deleted?

    I would love to get a hold of the SD version so I can make a custom ROM.
  5. #185  
    I installed the New GSM Unlocked update on My Locked cingular 650 Monday ( I was running 1.23) I Have had ZERO ill effects , No resets and for the first Time yesterday I used My Phone constantly all day as a "PHONE" I Noticed a very good improvement inVolume and voice quality using the handset. My wife who has been a constant critic of the Volume acctually spent 45 min's on it last night talking to our grandchildren. In the past when I recieved a call on my treo I would then call the person back on a land line so We could acctually talk. I Used the phone all day talking, Checking and sending email using snapper and accessing our network with Mobile Terminal services and by 10pm last night was down to 55% battery left.
  6. #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna
    I also saw on one of the 1.28 threads that someone made a SD install. I went back a few hours later to look for it and download it and could not find it. I scoured all the 1.28 threads with no luck I wonder if it was deleted?

    I would love to get a hold of the SD version so I can make a custom ROM.
    I think this is what you are looking for:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...3&page=4&pp=20

    Post #65
  7. #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoBeard
    I think this is what you are looking for:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...3&page=4&pp=20

    Post #65
    Ah, my "improvised SD upgrade" post coming back to haunt me.

    I should have titled it differently. This is not an SD upgrade in the manner that 1.21 and 1.23 offered. That is, it's not automated or staged the same way. All I basically did was host the 44 files on SD and copy them from there to RAM.... hence "improvised".

    There's another thread were additional coversation has been happening about a few ways to do the same thing (see http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=87669). The bottom line is: get the 44 files of the 1.13 upgrade into your Treo's RAM and then run the DeviceCustomizer application.
  8. #188  
    I just completed my update and on my first phone call noticed a HUGE increase in call volume as I adjusted the volume to high. It was almost as loud as the speakerphone coming out of the earpiece (not the rear speaker). I actually had to turn it down two notches. Then, on next few calls it went back to normal low volume even on the highest setting. Anyone have any sugestions???? I had about 1 minute of great volume then right back to were I was before. HELP!!!!
  9. #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by mseanschmidt
    I just completed my update and on my first phone call noticed a HUGE increase in call volume as I adjusted the volume to high. It was almost as loud as the speakerphone coming out of the earpiece (not the rear speaker). I actually had to turn it down two notches. Then, on next few calls it went back to normal low volume even on the highest setting. Anyone have any sugestions???? I had about 1 minute of great volume then right back to were I was before. HELP!!!!
    When I heard there was a firmware upgrade for the unlocked GSM Treo 650, I ordered one of the devices. Bear in mind that I've had to return four of them because of the volume problem and the heavy static when the volume was increased to maximum.

    Before my device shipped, I called PalmOne and asked a representative if the firmware update would fix that problem. He responded, "To my knowledge, that has nothing to do with volume. It has to do with memory." Notwithstanding, I waited proceed with my order.

    My Treo 650 arrived today. I installed nothing on it but immediately did the firmware update. I noticed that there is perhaps a slight volume increase in the speakersphone. It is modest at best and may very well be the absense of static as opposed to an actual volume increase. Speaking and listening directly into the handset indicates no improvement. The volume, for me, is still very low. Granted, again the static is almost gone. All in all, while the memory issue might have improved and while there is marginal improvement in the sound quality, the Treo 650 still has a volume problem.

    For the sake of comparison, I tested my Motorola RAZR V3 in all the same locations. It's a virutal night and day comparison. Handset calls are loud and clear and speaker phone calls are almost ear-piercing. So, from my perspective, PalmOne has not resolved the volume issue. In fact, the PalmOne rep with whom I spoke said he isn't aware of a volume issue. He went on to posit that it must be my handset (all four of them ) that were problematic. Others don't have that issue.

    Well, I hope future Treo devices will not have this issue. What wasted potential!
    David
  10. #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by defii
    My Treo 650 arrived today. I installed nothing on it but immediately did the firmware update. I noticed that there is perhaps a slight volume increase in the speakersphone. It is modest at best and may very well be the absense of static as opposed to an actual volume increase. Speaking and listening directly into the handset indicates no improvement. The volume, for me, is still very low. Granted, again the static is almost gone. All in all, while the memory issue might have improved and while there is marginal improvement in the sound quality, the Treo 650 still has a volume problem.

    That's really messed up !
    I wanted to get a new 650 (unlocked) after already returning two because of the volume problem but now, I am not really sure.
    Have you tried to install VolumeCare v.2.3 (it's in attachment in another thread) just to see if it would improve the volume ?
  11. #191  
    I have run into a couple of people that didn't know the earpiece and speaker volume adjust separately. They received a call, set volume to max then switched to speakerphone and were disappointed by the volume. However, once I showed them that you need to adjust the volume after switching to speakerphone they were impressed with the volume. I am sure this is not the solution to everyones' problem but may help a few.

    The sound in general on mine is much cleaner. It is possible to hear even someone whispering very low.
  12. #192  
    Well, this may well be a case of YMMV. I have noticed signficant improvement in volume, reduction in static, and no echo at other end at high volume. I can generally turn up the handset volume to the point where I can hear it without having my ear against it... and the speakerphone so loud that it starts to clip the sound and cause the back of the phone's shell to vibrate!
  13. #193  
    I spent a little more time with my new Treo 650 today. As I indicated earlier, I did not install any software before doing the upgrade. There is a modest improvement in the handset volume when held to the ear. There is no static at maximum volume, though the maximum volume is still quite low. I've tested it again against my RAZR and a V3. Both devices are much louder.

    As for the speakersphone, it is significantly louder than it used to be. However, the static problem has not been fully addressed. I am really quite baffled as to why some handsets are apparently improved and others are not. Perhaps there is quite a bit of subjectivity in terms of the individuals who are reporting.
    David
  14. TxDot's Avatar
    Posts
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
       #194  
    The volume issues have not been resolved for me either. I have tried the new version of Jeff Gibson's VolumeCare and it didn't help either. This leads me to believe that some units have some sort of hardware defect. The only thing that prevents me from making this an emphatic statement is that on my unit using RealPlayer I have to turn the volume down quite a bit because it's so loud. I'm really getting tired of this...
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

    Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  15. kaysha's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #195  
    Did my update today in Paris. Unlocked GSM and it went flawlessly...
    Greater volume and better BT volume too...
    hiha
    Spread love:
    http://www.kaysha.com
  16. #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    The volume issues have not been resolved for me either. I have tried the new version of Jeff Gibson's VolumeCare and it didn't help either. This leads me to believe that some units have some sort of hardware defect. The only thing that prevents me from making this an emphatic statement is that on my unit using RealPlayer I have to turn the volume down quite a bit because it's so loud. I'm really getting tired of this...
    I hear you.
    To me, all these discrepancies in results indicate a really poor quality control from the manufacturer. Therefore, living in NYC (with some really noisy streets), getting a Treo 650 is like playing lottery.
    I think I will keep my money and wait for the HP6500 to be released (or something else).
    Too bad for P1 but their lack of concern keeps me away from their products.
    What a waste of technology !!

    Thanks to all and good luck with your Treos !
  17. #197  
    Relunctantly perfomed the 1.13 update on my unlocked GSM 650 yesterday. I was hesitant because I have almost no problems with the 650 except low volume.

    The upgrade went more smooth than I thought it would go; only took about 20 min. and once I was done, my memory went from 4.5 Mb. to 9.5 Mb. Also, the volume seems to be louder except on my BT headset. There is less of a hiss on the speakerphone, which didn't really bug me anyway.

    I was also concerned about the battery drain issue that I read about in another thread but I didn't experience that. It appears to be related to a bug in Chatter mail.

    Anyway, I hope that helps some hesitant about the upgrade. I am enjoying my newly updated 650!
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoBeard
    Relunctantly perfomed the 1.13 update on my unlocked GSM 650 yesterday. I was hesitant because I have almost no problems with the 650 except low volume.
    Have you tried this:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=122

    It works great for me. There is a substantial increase in volume.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
  19. #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    Have you tried this:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=122

    It works great for me. There is a substantial increase in volume.
    I have downloaded it but have not loaded it on my 650 yet.
  20. #200  
    I have updates to fw 1.28 sw treo650-1.13 ROW. My Treo is a unlocked GSM. Everything seems to run ok and the update freed up memory 5 - 12 M

    The upgrade seem to have affected the loudness of teh mic in my BT headset that's a GN6210 set AKA Jabra BT250. Pre uopgrade nobody complained about hearing me. Post upgrade they are all complaining. What do i du to turn up the mic when using my BT headset. Using the phone without BT headset works ok.
    jensK

    PP pro. > Palm III > Palm V > Treo 180 > Palm m505 > Nokia 660 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions