1.    #1  
    what can i do?
    it's ok when in a quiet room , but in the real world, out in the street , or in my car i have to press it up against my ear, and its still TOO LOW..

anyone else? i am not talking about the speakerphone, but rather the earpiece...
    I am pretty sure this has been posted about before. I thought there was some sort of workaround to bump up the volume?

I am sure others will chime in...but didn't you know about this when you bought it?

Maybe when you are outside...you can use a wired headset?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Turn the speakerphone on in loud places. That is what I do.
  4.    #4  
    turning the speakerphone on is not acceptable to me being that i paid $519 for this ..... i don't want others to hear my conversation

if my $20 is very loud in max. setting, why is it that this $519 is not?
    i would have paid another $100 for a decent earpiece, or a louder one...
  5.    #5  
    i meant to say if my $20 phone was plenty loud....

i think i will be returning it, as palm one has not gotten the most basic feature right....go figure....i guess they tested it in their sound proof studios , and not in the real world situations
    No problems with the volume here... I'm happy.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    on a Sprint Treo it is louder after the 1.08 ROM uptate. I don't know what version of the phone you have, but if there is an update out for your phone you should try getting it.

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
    There are firmware upgrades out there to fix such problems, it's simply a software sound ramping issue.

But feel free to return it.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    The volume issue should be fixed in the latest Sprint and GSM upgrades. The problem was a bug that caused the volume up/down buttons to adjust the ringer volume when on a call, rather than the call volume. The up/down buttons adjust the ringer volume when NOT on a call and adjust the call volume when on a call after the upgrade.
    I just got my 650 today and it connects to my moto bluetooth just fine, but I have the low volume issue also (I am a Verizon customer). Are there any updates for us Verizon customers that deal with the low volume?
    I'm on Verizonand the volume is fine.
    I updated the firmware to 1.28. No volume problems!
    I went from firmware 1.04 on Cingular to 1.28 ROW today, and the earpiece volume seems to have been improved for me. I can actually hear while walking down the street.
    I created an application called VolumeCare that really kicks up the listening volume AND kicks up the voice volume so others can hear you better.

http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...article&sid=10

Enjoy.....

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I created an application called VolumeCare that really kicks up the listening volume AND kicks up the voice volume so others can hear you better.

Enjoy.....

Jeff
    seems like a great program.. will have to give it a try..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson

Enjoy.....

Jeff
    Wow, works nicely! My music sounds a lot better with the volumes up. I have everything tothe max. This is definitely worth $9 if my headset volume is increased. I will test it out with my windows down to see if I can notice a difference, but my music definitely sounds better through the speaker.
    I have had great results with 1.28fw and Volumecare used together. I actually had to turn down the handset and headset volume thru Volumecare because they were too loud!

Jeff's program is worth the $9 plus he seems to enhance it weekly.

btw: I have a Cingular GSM phone.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)