1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

Hi guys, just back from a trip and I received one high-end 2-in-1 ear bud headset for my treo 650 and also the other one for my old treo 600 from Seidio. They are samples from Seidio. In fact, I already have the regular 2-in-1 ear bud headset from them before. (http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...RSOVTR650%2DSL) So, what’s the different between the “high-end” and the regular, old one? Let’s see…
    They both come with the same 2.5mm audio plug, a retractable cable, and the 2-in-1 control box (with microphone). The main difference is on the ear-bud, looks more well made than the old one, so, how about the sound quality?
    I have played several MP3 with bitrate from 128k, 192k & 256k swapping with the new, high-end one and the regular, old one. In fact, the old one is already made to do the job right and well. However, after swapping with the new one, I found out that the bass response is better than the old one but without much scarifying in the treble response.

I asked the staffs from the Seidio about how much will it cost and when will it available, they have not decided yet, but I believe they will release pretty soon.
    For those who are looking for a high-end, better audio quality 2-in-1 ear bud, you should keep an eye on this “coming soon” product from Seidio.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trip
    Hi folks,

Hi guys, just back from a trip and I received one high-end 2-in-1 ear bud headset for my treo 650 and also the other one for my old treo 600 from Seidio. They are samples from Seidio. In fact, I already have the regular 2-in-1 ear bud headset from them before. (http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...RSOVTR650%2DSL) So, what’s the different between the “high-end” and the regular, old one? Let’s see…
    They both come with the same 2.5mm audio plug, a retractable cable, and the 2-in-1 control box (with microphone). The main difference is on the ear-bud, looks more well made than the old one, so, how about the sound quality?
    I have played several MP3 with bitrate from 128k, 192k & 256k swapping with the new, high-end one and the regular, old one. In fact, the old one is already made to do the job right and well. However, after swapping with the new one, I found out that the bass response is better than the old one but without much scarifying in the treble response.

I asked the staffs from the Seidio about how much will it cost and when will it available, they have not decided yet, but I believe they will release pretty soon.
    For those who are looking for a high-end, better audio quality 2-in-1 ear bud, you should keep an eye on this “coming soon” product from Seidio.

Seidio will relase high end 2 in 1 and start shipping today or next Monday

Seidio
    How about an in-ear canal model?
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Seidio will relase high end 2 in 1 and start shipping today or next Monday

Seidio
    Any idea on cost?
    When using the headphone for phone calls do you hear the call in both ears?

The set-up looks a little bulky to me. I wish all the cables somehow retracted. I would like to see a design where the mic enclosure was also the retractor/spool for the cables going in both directions. Wouldn't that be slick?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I second the in ear canal will a version be available or in the works. I usually end up having to make my own which is a bit of a pain.
    Actually this looks as though Seidio simply took the existing retractable headset and replaced the earbuds with the ones from the palmOne Hybrid Headset. How about a little more aesthetic change?

For one, I never understood why the console which houses the mic and volume control has to be so big. This only adds to the weight which will pull on the earbuds and loosen the fit in your ears. Also, I don't really care much for the colour (silver); I'd much prefer it in an inconspicious all-black. (At least then it'll seem more like a different product and not just an existing one with an earbud mod.)

So how about it Seidio?
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Move the MIC to the cable retractor and get rid of the volume control. I agree with rudy - less weight and bulk would be a nice improvement.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)