1.    #1  
    I recently moved and as my luck would have it, Sprint PCS has a "known coverage hole" that extends about a 2 block radius from my home. I have an unlimited Roaming plan, and the Verizon signal is stronger in my area, but since there's a trace Sprint signal in the area, it's apparently just enough to keep my phone from roaming onto the Verizon network. Are there any programs that anyone knows of that would enable me to force the phone into Roaming mode when I'm at home so that I can retain Sprint as my carrier and still be able to get calls at home? I ask no one to suggest a switch to Verizon because Sprint by far gives you more bang for your buck and is usually more cutting edge in terms of phones as compared with Verizon. Thus, I view a switch as a very last alternative. Thanks!!!
  2.    #2  
    Wow, I've stumpped everyone I see from the lack of replies. Hopefully someone has an idea that stumbles onto this thread.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Everyobdy is upgrading their Treo's!
    The only way to force roaming on the treo 650 so far is going to be a custom PRL... Mainly, you need a serial cable for the phone, and some cellular software. And you need to load the Verizon PRL onto the phone, which will then flop it's tower uses...

It's not ideal, but it works...
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    its great to have you back, shadowmite! sincerely. can't say enough about how we all appreciate your contributions here!!
    I gotta have more cowbell
    WHOOOPI!!! Nice to see you around here shadowmite! You posts here are greatly valued!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #7  
    Shadowmite, yes you are #1 around here! Thanks for your input. If I use Verizon's PRL, I assume that the phone will always prefer Verizon, am I wrong? If I'm right, then none of my Vision functionality would work except in the rare instance where there is no Verizon but strong Sprint service. if I'm wrong and a PRL download would work, how the heck would I change the PRL??
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    WHOOOPI!!! Nice to see you around here shadowmite! You posts here are greatly valued!
    DITTO!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  9.    #9  
    Any other ideas out there?
    I've offered a lot of money to whoever made this a simple program.
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.