1.    #1  
    Just received a SD card. First time using one with a PDA.

If I want to play MP3s, should I make a particular folder on the card and put them in there? Someone told me MP3/audio files need to go in a "Audio" folder, but what abou videos (avi/divx)?

Several apps will look for audio files in the AUDIO folder, however most current apps can search & locate the files anywhere. For convenience and less headaches, make a AUDIO folder. You can create subfolders within it as you like.

For video files, there is no set folder needed. You can put them "anywhere". I made a folder called VIDEO, for simplicity-sake.
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    mp3 in the audio folder.

videos anywhere for tcpm and mmplayer, but i think kinoma looks in the dcim folder
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    im having a problem like this too, i have an SD card reader and when i drag the files onto the card, then take the card out and put it in my treo it says thers nothing on the card...
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnitsarya
    im having a problem like this too, i have an SD card reader and when i drag the files onto the card, then take the card out and put it in my treo it says thers nothing on the card...
    this use to happen to me.

this is why i bought card export ii. never take the sd card out of the treo. sure it is slower, but i never had the problem again.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    If you want the original treo software to read the video files you need to put it into the DCIP folder (i think that's what its named). Convert all your videos to mpg and the treo will read it with no problem.