1.    #1  
    Should I get the Treo 650 for Verizon now, or wait until all the bugs are worked out of it? Also, I've read on howardforums.com that they may be releasing an EVDO capable 650? See:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=655829

If that did happen, would it be a different phone model / different hardware, or would it be a firmware upgrade? If it is different hardware, I'm thinking maybe I should wait for that - EVDO sounds pretty amazing to me, something I shouldn't miss out on.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    If you wait you must be VERY patient.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Let's keep this straight and stop using the term EVDO and 650 in the same sentence! (Oooops!! Guess I just did!)

While an EVDO capable Treo is in the works, it is not a 650. (Crap, did it again! ) It will be some other model number that most are guessing will be a 700.

Should you wait? If you're a Verizon user, it will be almost a year wait if we are guessing correctly. Sprint...maybe 6 months. Of course this is all conjecture. How long can you wait?
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    I say don't wait unless the new product is actually announced. Otherwise, you will always be waiting forever because the next generation product is always coming.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Question: Isn't the real slowdown with data on the treo's latency not throughput? If so will EVDO really help this?

Yes transfer of large files would be faster but I would suspect loading webpages is effected by latency more than throughput.