1.    #1  
    I have a Sandisk Extreme III SD card and it appears to get corrupted after an hour or so of using it. The replacement card also became corrupted. I believe it to be corrupted because .mp3 files don't play properly (will hang or stop) in Pocket Tunes and I am unable to format the card with the Treo or with a cheapie USB SD card reader and Windows XP/2000.

I believe that either the Treo does not like the Extreme III or my SD card reader does not like the Extreme III, or I have had 2 bad cards, which seems unlikely?

Is the Extreme III SD card compatible with the Treo? Palm tech support says the Ultra II is compatible. Does anyone disagree?

Damon
    I have had one for a few months and haven't had any trouble with it.
    Before I used it I formatted the card using the treo (cardinfo).

-Pertinax
  3.    #3  
    I just purchased the Sandisk Ultra II Plus 1GB SD card. The 'Plus' is the version that folds to reveal a USB connector. I did not format the card at all; just plugged it in. I was able to copy files to and from the card without a problem. Resco Explorer which did not work with the Extreme III backed up successfully to the Ultra II.

Pertinax, you may have been lucky or formatting may be absolutely necessary for the Extreme III SD card on the Treo 650.

Anyway, I am happy that this problem is resolved. But does anyone know a way to test the Extreme III card and see if it is indeed corrupted? I am thinking of going to a camera store and trying to format and use the card with a camera, if that is even possible.

Damon
    I've also been using an extreme III 1 gig card for a few months now. I have not had one problem with it. I also formatted it with my treo before use.
  5.    #5  
    Very interesting. This points to the cheapie SD card reader being the culprit.

So does anyone have any idea how I revive my Extreme III SD card?

Damon
    I've also been using a 1gb Extreme III for the past few months w/o any issues.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    My 1 GB Extreme III card is no longer recognized after upgrading the ROM to 1.28 (GSM). I can't format it, and it also isn't recognized in my laptop's card slot anymore. Any suggestions??
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    Very interesting. This points to the cheapie SD card reader being the culprit.

So does anyone have any idea how I revive my Extreme III SD card?

Damon
    I would format it with the Treo. If you can't, you will most likely need a newer reader to format the card. Once you can read it on the Treo, I would format it on the Treo and use it that way.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Anyone have any recent experience with this card? How reliable is it? Is the speed worth the extra expense over an Ultra II
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Mine is still workin fine.

How is the performance? What are you storing there? Apps? Pics?
    I recall reading somewhere that a Palm exec stated that the Treo's SDIO slot could not take advantage of the Ultra III's increase speed performance, thus it was not worthwhile in purchasing those cards. Of course, I'm ot sure and will try to find a link later...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    How is the performance? What are you storing there? Apps? Pics?
    apps, pics, movies, mp3s...... Performance is great.

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I recall reading somewhere that a Palm exec stated that the Treo's SDIO slot could not take advantage of the Ultra III's increase speed performance, thus it was not worthwhile in purchasing those cards. Of course, I'm ot sure and will try to find a link later...
    Even if this is the case, I'd get the extreme anyway so it can be used in cameras or whatever if necessary (or after you ditch ur Treo).

Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    or after you ditch ur Treo
    who would do such a thing?!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    who would do such a thing?!
    Whoo-boy! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Treo but what a
    LOADED question!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.