1.    #1  
    We have about 10 Treo 650's here. We've had to replace three so far with microphone problems. (built in mic, not wired headset or bluetooth) You make a call on that phone, person can just barely hear you. This isn't just a "hold the phone closer to your mouth" issue. When we call Sprint and tell them the problem they ship a replacement out. The latest problem phone has low microphone volume even when using the headset that was included (cheap little wired headset).

Is this a known issue or am I just (un) lucky enough to be getting bad units? Seems like >30% failure rate is a little high (realizing that I have a small "n" )

One clue -- Sprint technician today recommended that we make sure that the TTY/TDD mode is set to OFF. I will try that on the latest phone when the user gets back this afternoon.

Any other suggestions?

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by tcgcisco
    We have about 10 Treo 650's here. We've had to replace three so far with microphone problems. (built in mic, not wired headset or bluetooth) You make a call on that phone, person can just barely hear you. This isn't just a "hold the phone closer to your mouth" issue. When we call Sprint and tell them the problem they ship a replacement out. The latest problem phone has low microphone volume even when using the headset that was included (cheap little wired headset).

Is this a known issue or am I just (un) lucky enough to be getting bad units? Seems like >30% failure rate is a little high (realizing that I have a small "n" )

One clue -- Sprint technician today recommended that we make sure that the TTY/TDD mode is set to OFF. I will try that on the latest phone when the user gets back this afternoon.

Any other suggestions?

Tom
    Welcome to my world! I've returned 4 Treo 650s for the same reason. They were unlocked GSM models though. That is a known problem - at least by the consumers. Can't say that for sure about the ostriches over at PalmOne.
    David
  3.    #3  
    Took the phone to the sprint store. Tech played around for 5 mins then opened a box and gave me a new one.