1.    #1  
    BBVFSPro is unable to back it up. It says that the file is corrupt (0x0209).

What is this file? Is it safe to delete it using FileZ?

The Creator ID is SEVN, so it must be something created by Xpressmail. I didn't get this error until today, although I have been using both Xpressmail and BBVFSPro together for many weeks now...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    It is a log for your email application. Is Xpressmail is made by Seven? I am not sure.

You can copy it to your external card and delete it via filez.
  3.    #3  
    I'm 100% sure this file is part of Xpressmail (that has the same creator ID, and Xpressmail is from Seven, Inc.).

I wonder if I will be worse off deleting this file. Xpressmail is working fine.. I hate to ruin that to get a clean full backup in BBVFS..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  4.    #4  
    FileZ had errors copying the file to the SD card.

I deleted the file with FileZ. Xpressmail seems to be fine despite this.

I wish we had a CHKDSK and RegClean like utilities for the Treo RAM and Saved Preferences .....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    You may need to turn off the logging of your Xpressmail. If you are a current subscriber of Xpressmail, send email or login for customer support.

If the application is still writing to the log, you may not be able to delete it.

Try copying it to the SD card and the delete it. If filez is successful in copying and deleting, it will recreate itself.
  6.    #6  
    I don't see anyplace in the application (on the Treo) to enable or disable logging.

I was able to delete the file. The file has not been re-created so far. Let's see if if things continue work without blowing up. Things seem to be fine so far.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    The logging occurs as Xpressmail synchronizes with your mail server.

Can you run the sync process and check?
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 06/16/2005 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Treo decided to eat my post again.
  8.    #8  
    Sync's working (every few minutes as mail gets pushed to the Treo).

FileZ shows just S7 BG Log 1, S7 BG Log 2, S7 Log 1 files. The S7 Log 2 has not been recreated (so far).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    The log file is generated as part of software problem debugging. I would not worry if it is not recreated.
  10.    #10  
    Well, I stepped in it yesterday. I got a similar (cannot backup) error from BBVFS for S7 Log 1 file. I deleted it with FileZ. That caused Xpressmail to soft-reset when synchronizing.

I had to delete and re-install Xpressmail. I would not recommend anyone deleting these files.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM