1.    #1  
    Hi, I'm new to the forum and hoping someone can help...

I'm thinking of getting a Visor, but what I *really* want to use it for is memorizing information for University classes instead of using a million flashcards.

So does anyone know...

1) Can I create a PowerPoint presentation on my desktop computer, then upload it to the Visor and view it? Is there any 3rd party software that would do this for me?

2) Failing that, is there some kind of flashcard program that allows me to create "cards" that would flash one side up ont the Visor screen, then when I hit a button flash up the other side? Preferably with graphics, not just text.

Thanks!
  2. JP
    Hi - A program called Flip Chart does what you want. You make the flash cards on the Visor - it doesn't do PowerPoint downloads. Can be found at http://www.middlecross.com
  3. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    There is actually a way to do this with image viewers, such as FireViewer (firepad.com) or photo albums like AlbumToGo (clubphoto.com). Just convert your powerpoint slides to images (I think ppt 97/2000 has this function) then you can view the images on your handheld. If you don't have a recent enough version of ppt, register for an account at netdocuments.com (there's an avantgo channel too), and upload a ppt presentation. During the upload, the ppt will be converted into a .jpg file. Then, click on 'view' and you will see the .jpg image(s) for your presentation. You can right click and save the files to a local directory. Then use FireConverter or the AlbumToGo desktop, etc. to convert and install the images on your handheld.

Hope this helps,
    Rob
    Originally posted by markbidwell
    1) Can I create a PowerPoint presentation on my desktop computer, then upload it to the Visor and view it? Is there any 3rd party software that would do this for me?
    Yes, using ibrite powerViewer 1.0 . I recommend, however, one of the standalone programs listed below, unless you require full Powerpoint viewing. Flip Chart, mentioned above, is IMHO more suited for typical presentations than flashcard studying.

Originally posted by markbidwell
    2) Failing that, is there some kind of flashcard program that allows me to create "cards" that would flash one side up ont the Visor screen, then when I hit a button flash up the other side? Preferably with graphics, not just text.

Thanks!
    Check out SuperMemo, HandyCards, Memorizer+, JTutor, or Flashcard! (among others - I just got these from a quick search on PalmGear). One of these should fit your needs.
    Life's just a blast, just it's moving really fast, and you'd <BR>better stay on top or life'll kick you in the *** -Limp Bizkit