1.    #1  
    I have my Palm data folders (e.g. \address, \datebook, \todo, etc.) on a file server. I map this to the P: drive in each computer at home where I use Palm Desktop (so I can access my data from any computer). I do this by (in Palm Desktop) setting the data location in: Tools...Options...General and setting Data directory to P: .

Now, occassionally, I find (on each of my computers) that when I start up the Palm Desktop application, it cannot find my UserName...in other words the list of users come up blank. In order to reset the Desktop's "pointer" to P:, I have to first move the data files from P: to a temp location, create a new user in Palm Desktop, then go back into the Desktop application and set: Tools...Options...General and setting Data directory to P: again.

Doing this moves my data files from: \My documents\Palm OS Desktop\myname\ to: P:

I then delete the newly created data files in P: and re-MOVE the original (real) data files from the temp location back to P:

Question: HOW can I set it so Palm Desktop PERMANENTLY looks at P: for my data folders???
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
  2.    #2  
    OK, nobody uses the same palm acct from different computers in the home/ofc where the data files are at one central/file server???
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
    I had never thought about mapping a drive. I do not do it but just might here in the near future.