1.    #1  
    I hosed up my Saved Preferences (an easy way of doing this is to click on a link in Blazer while the page is still downloading ..). All my applications thought that they were beyond their trial period.

That included BBVFS_Pro. When I tried to restore from the SD Card, it complained and I had to restore some PRC form a web site before it would proceed to restore.

Is that normal? Seemed rather questionable procedure to me. What if I was outside the reach of a network? Or roaming? I happened to be on an airplane atthat time !!

Anyway, it looked like it restored the Saved Preferences file when I told it.. but it really did not. I never asked for a reset. I reset the unit anyway, but my applications still thought that they had expired.

I ended up doing an enitre restore from a checkpoint a few days old.

BBVFS has always been great for backing up, but restores have been troublesome...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Did you restore just the Saved Preferences file from the Advanced screen or a full restore?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    I tried just the single file. It asked if I wanted to overwrite a newer file with an older one . I said yes. It looked like it coped the file (the progress bar went all the way to 100%). I did a soft reset. No dice.. The applications still wouldn't work as registered versions.

I did a full restore from the same Chaeckpoint. That did restore the Treo to the way it was when the checkpoint was created.

However, I was nonplussed by the BBVFS itself giving me hassles because it thought that the trial period for it had expired!!

I think it should flag the backup (and checkpoints) as having been created by a registered version and should restore from that without having to connect to the net and download a registration key ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A