Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sounds cool. Thinking about getting one, but not sure if it won't throw my Treo into a constant reset loop.

http://www.novii.tv/blaster/
  2.    #2  
    guess not.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    lol I read elsewhere it didnt work for the 650
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    That's funny cuz the home page has a huge big ad for the Treo650 and noviiblaster.
    It works but the IR on the Treo is somewhat weak, it works about 5 feet max.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    It works but the IR on the Treo is somewhat weak, it works about 5 feet max.
    That's what I found. It worked just fine on my 650 but the IR range was too small to be useful.
    I tried Omniremote....and didn't care for it. Not so much the software, but more of the IR on Treo. I used to use my IPAQ 2200 as my universal remote. It had a software packaged with it that worked great and it had a STRONG IR transmitter.

Would be cool if I could get the TREO to work as nice as my old IPAQ
    u r all missing the point of the "blaster" part...which is an ext range IR that plugs into SD card port I believe... but who wants to have have to pop out their SD card to use it?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Thats exactly right, its hardware as well as softwatre it plugs in to the SD port on the 650. The Blaster SD card contains an infrared chip with the codes for over 10, 000 home entertainment devices. NoviiRemote Blaster for Treo 650 has now been created especially for the Treo 650 and solves the problems of Treo's underpowered IR port.The Blaster features a strong infra-red transmitter, with a range up to 75 feet and much greater beam angles. With this powerful transmitter and the built-in code chip, you can control TVs outside the home, for example at your local sports bar.

Here is the examples of use just Treo's infrared port verses the Blaster's.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    yeah, the ir transmitter on the 650 sucks...i have novii remote, but hardly use it due to the weak ir on the 650.
    now combine it w/a 2 gb of mem built in.........
    I'll stick with my Sony 3000
    has anyone tried the NoviiRemote Blaster for Treo 650? if so what is your thoughts on it
    Quote Originally Posted by ynotbe28
    has anyone tried the NoviiRemote Blaster for Treo 650? if so what is your thoughts on it
    Thread merged. Read answers above.
    thread wasnt really answered because nobody has used the external SD/IR device. Everybody agrees that the built in IR sucks, but how about the external one? Im wondering too if its worth it considering it can learn pretty much any remote signal.
  16.    #16  
    Just ordered mine, gonna take a chance. Will report back.
    I just posted a review of the device. It's very slick and at $35 is a good price for what you get.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    I just posted a review of the device. It's very slick and at $35 is a good price for what you get.
    Does it include the ability to do macros? I'm still using an old Phillips Pronto and love it. With one button push I can turn on my TV, My sound system, bring up the Tivo welcome screen and have the Pronto screen turn into my Tivo controls.

Just like there are interoperability things you gain by combining a cell phone and a Palm the same holds true for combining remotes.

I guess I'd be pretty upset if this $35 device couldn't compete with my $400 remote!
    I'm still waiting for someone to create a "leapfrog" like technology that will transform BlueTooth signals into IR signals that could be placed directly in front of the TV/Stereo/etc.
    <br>
    Don't see macro support. You may try suggesting it to Novii as a feature request. I still think I'm going to go for the Harmony 800 eventually.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast